Menu

Apologia Physical Science - my class website for you

I built a class website this year for my tutorial kids that has flashcards, links, and videos posted for each of the modules. I don't think it requires you to be registered with the host (Engrade - a free gradebook site we use for the tutorial). I have a lot of smaller "lessons" and on-line quizzes for the flashcards and modules, but I cannot attach those to the class website due to the way it is set-up.

Anyway ~ It's not great or anything, but for all the time invested in getting it all together this year, I wanted it to be used as much as possible by anyone who needs it. The Weekly Homework schedule is primarily the reading schedule we use for the year (we do a lot more than listed) and of course you can ignore that.

Look for each module resources on the left hand side bar.

If you are looking for additional activities for teaching at a tutorial, I have a completely different website at Google that has links for activities, many of which I'm have been slowly moving from my computer to the website. If you have interest in looking at that ~ just message me.

I reformatted all the Module Study Guides to a doc form (that is in order of the Module reading). I usually have some students with various learning disabilities and some use text readers and require doc copies to have their software read it to them, and they can type in the answers. I also added things that I thought helpful or formatted in a more visual way. I hope to get all those loaded on the website over the summer.

http://wikis.engrade.com/nctps

Email me if you need anything ~ Debbie

This summer, I'm setting one up for my Apologia General Science class as well. That one will be located at http://wikis.engrade.com/nctgs when I get it up and running.

Edited by debbiec

• 4 months later...

Bump ~ My Apologia General and Physical Science support site for you.

Just bumping this to remind folks that this is available. Again, it may not be for everybody, but if it's helpful for you and your family ~ please use it.

Warmest Regards,

Debbie

Debbie, this is awesome!

I have done something similar, and Physical Science and Biology is completed, but we will begin General in a few weeks. I am so excited to see what all you'll have for General! =) I'll be linking to your sites, as well as linking within each module to your individual modules.

I glanced at a couple of your PS modules, and I see we have some of the same videos. =)

(I need to go back and resize my PS videos from last year. They're still the size of my blog width from when I began my blog!)

Here's my link. The tabs are at the top. I can't wait to see what videos you found!

http://homeschoolersresources.blogspot.com/

Finding the right videos does get tiresome, doesn't it? Hunting and hunting.... time consuming, but rewarding to look at the finished product.

No one else gets it. I feel I have finally found a kindred spirit! :lol: