Menu

I have a new name. It's.......

Eileen!

I'm 10 days post-op from my hip surgery and now that I'm walking around more I realize that my right leg is now much longer then my left leg. So much so that I am uncomfortable standing upright. When I sit, one knee sticks out much farther then the other. I just can't believe this. Before this last surgery, my right leg was a tiny bit shorter then the left from my first surgery. Maybe my Dr. thought he was going to fix that. Oops! He did tell my DH after my surgery, "I gave her some length." I see him on Wed. and I'm sure we'll discuss it. I'm told that over the course of up to a month post-op, the leg will "settle" but this is such a significant difference that I know it's permanant. Of course there are only two solutions. 1. Another surgery. 2. Ugly shoes. I'm too young for ugly shoes! :sad:

You should definitely address it. If it remains significantly longer, you may encounter back issues down the road since your spine won't be aligned properly.

Hopefully, it will "settle" and perhaps more than you think is possible.

wow, I can be so slow. I could not understand the connection between your name change and the surgery. I read the post 6 times before I got it.:001_huh:

I am so sorry about our leg. Surely there will be options. I just hope they are good ones. No one should have to wear ugly shoes.:D

Thanks everybody. I'm trying to keep my sense of humor. I found a place that will take any shoe and add a lift to the bottom of one. It's not my idea of an ideal situation, but I guess if I'm cured of all my nerve pain and can return to my life, this is the lesser of two evils. I'll find out more on Thursday when I see my Dr. (Wed appointment has been rescheduled.)