Menu

Four posts away from royalty...

If I make four more posts (three, after this one!) I will have ROYAL in my Hive title.

As a public service to all, I am trying to restrain myself from wading in to the sex ed/gay rights thread. (I am a certified sex educator, and I have... shall we say... strong and considered opinions.) I could rack up posts pretty quickly there, but it's possible that I would get banned equally quickly.

So. If you feel like helping me fulfill my royal ambitions while continuing to exercise self-restraint, could you ask me an innocuous question or something? :D

If I make four more posts (three, after this one!) I will have ROYAL in my Hive title.

As a public service to all, I am trying to restrain myself from wading in to the sex ed/gay rights thread. (I am a certified sex educator, and I have... shall we say... strong and considered opinions.) I could rack up posts pretty quickly there, but it's possible that I would get banned equally quickly.

So. If you feel like helping me fulfill my royal ambitions while continuing to exercise self-restraint, could you ask me an innocuous question or something? :D

How do you feel about monarchies?

Bill

Do you like living in Baltimore? :D

For the most part, I do. We live downtown in a great walkable neighborhood with a lot of resources close by, like restaurants, museums with free admission (!), and the main branch of the library. Baltimore is a nice size and is very affordable as big cities go. I think Baltimore is pretty - I like red brick rowhouses and water views. And it's a great place for seafood.

We even have a homeschool community center here, although it is not very close to where I live.

I don't like the crime, the summer heat, the rats, or the fact that Baltimore is still one of the most segregated cities in America.

For the most part, I do. We live downtown in a great walkable neighborhood with a lot of resources close by, like restaurants, museums with free admission (!), and the main branch of the library. Baltimore is a nice size and is very affordable as big cities go. I think Baltimore is pretty - I like red brick rowhouses and water views. And it's a great place for seafood.

We even have a homeschool community center here, although it is not very close to where I live.

I don't like the crime, the summer heat, the rats, or the fact that Baltimore is still one of the most segregated cities in America.

When I lived in Northern Virginia we would go up to Baltimore for Orioles games and brewpub hopping (this is before I got old, married, and became a mom). I always liked the city.

What else should we ask you to boost your post count?

Wait, what thread? I think I missed it.

Dawn

Yeah! But, when does it change your designation? Do you need to post one more time?

Faith

It did! I'm a royal larvae - I used to be a scout bee. I have almost 200 posts to go to make it to queen bee status, and it would probably be unwise to try to hit that point in this one thread. :D

If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

Right now is probably not the best time for Egypt, which would've been my first choice for a fantasy trip. How about Fiji? The weather in Baltimore is perfect for a trip to Fiji.

What else should we ask you to boost your post count?

"Hey, Rivka, any summer plans that you are particularly excited about?"

"Why, yes! Thanks for asking! We are going to SUUSI, Unitarian-Universalist summer camp for families. The catalog came out yesterday and I am totally excited and circling workshops and nature trips on every page. This will be our sixth year attending, and we really look forward to spending time with the friends we've made there."

Rivka, where is SUUSI? I have friends who go to a UU family camp in Maine---the mom (my friend) teaches workshops, I think mainly for youth.

SUUSI is in SW Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We stay on the Radford University campus, so it isn't a "camp" in the sense of actually camping. But there are great nature trips into the mountains!

I am offering a workshop this year for parents, on how to discuss sexuality with your kids. I know you are all now looking down at the ages of my kids and rolling your eyes, but I teach middle school sex ed through my church and work in HIV professionally, so I actually am qualified above the six-year-old level.

Found it, leave it to message boards to blow it completely in a different direction.

Dawn

It's called "Wow, this is unreal." I should say that I haven't actually read more than a few snippets, because I know myself well.

:lol:

SUUSI is in SW Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We stay on the Radford University campus, so it isn't a "camp" in the sense of actually camping. But there are great nature trips into the mountains!

I am offering a workshop this year for parents, on how to discuss sexuality with your kids. I know you are all now looking down at the ages of my kids and rolling your eyes, but I teach middle school sex ed through my church and work in HIV professionally, so I actually am qualified above the six-year-old level.