Menu

Any reason I shouldn't take 11 yo dd to see Joyce Meyer?

I haven't listened to Joyce for a long time, so I can't remember if there would be anything in there that is over dd's head or whatever-too much geared toward more mature women so that it wouldn't interest her, etc. Or is it too long or anything else? We would go to a Fri morn 10 a.m. so it wouldn't be too late at night.

She is a pretty mature 11yo (but just turned 11), loves the Lord, and has never been to anything like this so I was thinking it might be a fun mom/daughter date but when I went years ago I don't think I remember many young people there so I'm wondering if I'm overlooking something. Thanks!

Nah, I won't let my kids be exposed to Word of Faith preachers. Sorry. There are plenty of other events and teachers that would teach and be encouraging in a biblical way for young girls. (And their parents, for that matter.)

:iagree:

She can be funny but then I'd spend the rest of the day explaining to my child why we don't agree with 90% of what she said and that would be just exhausting.

I agree with what the other have said, plus, she seems to have a lot to say about spiritual warfare and I imagine that any extended or descriptive discussion on that topic could be pretty scary to an 11yo.

Also, I didn't catch your religious persuasion, but a friend of mine went to one about 7 years ago and was startled when J.M. introduced and led a prayer session in tongues. That might work for you, but for many it would be uncomfortable.

I was dragged to several of these types of things as a pre-teen/young teen and honestly, it DID scare me. It was during that whole "Thief in the Night" series movies and there was a lot of talk of demons and warfare and Satan trying to "get us."

Scaring kids into heaven doesn't work for me.

Dawn

I agree with what the other have said, plus, she seems to have a lot to say about spiritual warfare and I imagine that any extended or descriptive discussion on that topic could be pretty scary to an 11yo.

Also, I didn't catch your religious persuasion, but a friend of mine went to one about 7 years ago and was startled when J.M. introduced and led a prayer session in tongues. That might work for you, but for many it would be uncomfortable.

Oh, dear, I didn't realize. I will have to google Word of Faith. I went to see her a long time ago when I was a new Christian so I didn't know much. Actually, I still don't know much about doctrinal stuff like this-all I know is that we are General Conference Baptist (which is more like a non-denominational but more conservative), I am Reformed, and basically other than that I just read my Bible and participate with love at church and do the best I can with the Holy Spirit's help to let Christ live through me.

We will stay away from this. I'm so glad I asked!!!!! Thank you!

ETA: Googled WOF-definitely not for us. THANK YOU!

Edited by HappyGrace