Menu

My baby is not as miserable as he was!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted in my "my baby hates me" thread.

I have started dairy elimination, but also went for the Zantac. According to the ped's scale, ds actually lost weight this month. I don't know how much I buy that. He's outgrown clothes, and his diaper output is pretty impressive! But the puking DID get pretty bad in the last couple weeks, and the screaming/not sleeping surely burned calories.

So far, the Zantac has majorly reduced the crying, and the spitting up has lessened in volume and frequency. He's fallen asleep without being held several times now, which is amazing! And he's inching closer to respectable nap lengths. I've even seen more smiles! :)

I'm so incredibly happy to see my baby looking comfortable! Please keep your fingers crossed for us, that his weight goes up now that more food is staying in and more rest is being had, so we won't have to go considering and testing for any serious problems!

Zantac was a life saver here. I do not give meds freely because I know that they all come with side effects, but my sweet baby was miserable and meds do have a place. I am glad that you and your baby are happier now;). My dd did not need the meds at about 6 or 7 months old. I pray that this is the solution that you both needed.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posted in my "my baby hates me" thread.

I have started dairy elimination, but also went for the Zantac. According to the ped's scale, ds actually lost weight this month. I don't know how much I buy that. He's outgrown clothes, and his diaper output is pretty impressive! But the puking DID get pretty bad in the last couple weeks, and the screaming/not sleeping surely burned calories.

So far, the Zantac has majorly reduced the crying, and the spitting up has lessened in volume and frequency. He's fallen asleep without being held several times now, which is amazing! And he's inching closer to respectable nap lengths. I've even seen more smiles! :)

I'm so incredibly happy to see my baby looking comfortable! Please keep your fingers crossed for us, that his weight goes up now that more food is staying in and more rest is being had, so we won't have to go considering and testing for any serious problems!

I am so glad things have improved. I know I saw your original thread, but I didn't comment. Your baby sounds like ds when he was a newborn -- and zantac helped, eliminating dairy helped, I used gripe water, and as he got closer to being able to sit up, everything looked better. Hoping that things continue in a positive direction.:)