Muffin mix--what to add for variation

I have a basic muffin recipe--

1 3/4 cup flour

1/3 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 beaten egg

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup oil

I just made 2 batches of the dry ingredients, with instructions taped to the packages for the wet ingredients, cooking temp & time. And I have one batch in the oven, my chocolate version (see below).

I'd like some ideas of what to add to the mix for different types of muffins. Sometimes I add frozen blueberries, or sometimes I add 4-5 Tbsp cocoa powder & some chocolate chips to make chocolate muffins. I'd like some other ideas of what to add. I'm open to ideas for a more savory muffin too, if I alter the basic recipe to make it less sweet. I don't like nuts in my cookies/brownies/cake, etc. I would be open to something peanut buttery, though.

Could you post your temp and baking time. Thanks,

Laura

Oh, sorry. It's 400 degrees F for 20 min. I also used dry milk instead of regular, so I could add that to the dry mix and just put the amount of water needed on the instructions. I accidentally calculated the amount of dry milk for 1 cup instead of 3/4 cup like the recipe says. So I put in 1/3 cup dry milk, but still used 3/4 cup water in the batch I made tonight. It turned out fine. And, from past experience with this recipe, I don't think it's sweet enough, so I added a scant (less than scant even) 1/4 cup brown sugar.

Pumpkin puree and chocolate chips, orange zest (sub some orange juice for some of the liquid too) and cranberries, overripe bananas or applesauce and lots of spices, raspberries and candied ginger, feta and dried tomatoes, goat cheese and lots of fresh herbs. bacon and onion (and probably cheese on top)

Thank you all for the suggestions. I made peach muffins today. To the basic mix I added diced peaches, 1 extra egg, cinnamon, vanilla & peach juice. Since I made my mix with dry milk, I would normally add water, but subbed peach juice instead. I didn't measure the peaches, cinnamon or vanilla--I grew up learning the "dump and pour" method. I suppose I put in about a cup of peaches, 2 tsp. cinnamon & 1 Tbsp. vanilla. I sprinkled brown sugar on top of each muffin before I put the pan in the oven. They came out great! I think they'd do well with some oatmeal next time. I thought maybe they'd need some extra flour because of all the extra liquid from the egg & peaches (and I may have put in some extra peach juice), but they turned out perfect.