Menu

Kindle case or cover?

Dd received a Kindle for Christmas. She likes her Kindle just the way it is. *I* want her to have some sort of protection for the screen so she can carry it in her purse. What should I look for? I don't know the difference between "cases" and "covers." Is there something that the Kindle can easily slip into for protection, yet she can remove it to easily for reading? I want to spend less than $20.

And please speak slowly. I don't really know what I'm talking about. :001_smile:

DH has one that I would call a case. You do slip it in and out. We bought it at Target and it was right at $20, but it was after the new kindle came out but before Target had the new cases. I haven't looked there again for cases/covers cause I wanted one that opens like a book.

DH loves his case. I wanted a cover so I didn't have one more thing to hold onto when I'm out and about but want to read.

or maybe it is....this one's marked down on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital-Kindle-Generation-Leather-Protector/dp/B00428C1I0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1297539766&sr=8-12

ETA: most of them are like that one, I think--you open up the cover like a book; you don't actually take the Kindle in and out.

This is the one that I've been looking at this afternoon. It seems like it may be easy to remove--or to just put the Kindle in when transporting...

The other concern was that one commented that the cover left a dye stain on a white Kindle. Dd's is silver-but I am guessing it's a white plastic, and a silver metal, so the dye wouldn't be an issue?

I got my kindle cover off of ebay. I paid $0.01 plus $9.49 s/h. It came from Hong Kong and took a bit longer to get but the price was right.

Recently, my kindle screen froze. When talking with the rep from Amazon, he told me that it was NOT the cover. Whew.

Only problem I had was that the cover did have a chemical smell to it. I think it was the packaging. I aired it out over night in the garage and it was fine. I do have a sensitive nose.

Also, if you have a problem buying from Hong Kong, this isn't a good option for you. There's no way I could afford any of the "real" covers.

Mine is pretty plaid with a suede interior. I'm happy.