Menu

All-In-One Knitting Supplies Kit

True confession: I've become a knitting addict. :D I've done tons of stuff with just one pair of needles, but I have a birthday coming up and I'm wondering if there's some kind of all-in-one kit with bunches of sizes of needles and other helpful doo-dads. Has anyone seen something like this? :bigear:

Thanks!

This is what you need! You can knit flat with circular needles, but it will give you just about every size needles you could need. :)

This is what you need! You can knit flat with circular needles, but it will give you just about every size needles you could need. :)

Ooh, love that!

My MIL bought me a book and kit called, "I Taught Myself Knitting," by Boye. While I wouldn't recommend this particular package as your knitting guide, it did include a bunch of useful tools:

Stitch marker rings

Knitting guage

rubber point protectors

Craft needles

Cable Stitch needle

Stitch holders

Yarn bobbin

4 straight, double pointed needles (actually, I'm not sure if those came with the kit or I bought those separately).

Definitely consider the circular needles. :)

You're a BAD woman! :glare:

I had to give up cross stitching because of my neck. Don't get me hooked on knitting (which would probably hurt my neck the same as stitching).

:lol:

So I shouldn't tell how that the wooden needles are like a hot knife in butter? :tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, cross-stitching makes my shoulders and neck way more sore than knitting. I've discovered I don't hold my head the same way when I knit so you might give it a try...

I have the Knit Picks interchangeable needles and I love them. I rarely use any other needles, unless I have to use small (sock) sizes. Which I also bought in the Harmony wood multi set. And I love. love. love. them.

As for doo dads, Knit Picks carries Harmony cable needles as well. I bought stich counters on Etsy, but Knit Picks had some. And add a needle to sew up seams, and a cute little measuring tape and you are all set.

I am recklessly and willfully tempting you...:D

I really, really love my KnitPicks interchangeable set as well! I also have fixed 40" needles in sizes 0-3 for small things. I have full sets of regular straight needles as well as double points, and I far prefer the KP ones. I have the Harmony wood ones for both interchangeables and long fixed needles, but if you prefer metal or plastic needles, they have those sets too.

I'm a bit scared to get the interchangables, they look intimidating. I haven't knit in the round yet. :001_huh:

You can use them for flat knitting too! I love that, because it's less likely for someone to pull one of the needles out. You can do larger sweaters and such on the interchangeables more easily than with regular straight needles. But knitting in the round is great -- so fast! No purling for stockinette stitch!