Menu

My rant for the day!

So I pull up in my driveway and the kids start getting the groceries out of the car. I turn around and see a car driving up the road swerving back and forth (with my kids by the road)!! Inside the car, the dad is in the driver's seat with his DD (maybe 4) on his lap steering the wheel and his other DD (maybe 6) in the passenger side with no carseat! He drove up and down my street twice doing this! What is he thinking? So it's bad enough some parents don't have enough sense to use carseats, but now this??? Does he really think accidents don't happen in neighborhoods or parking lots?

And that's not all....he must had seen me looking at him amd knew what I was thinking because as he drove away from me up the road, he was holding his hand out the window (his middle finger sticking up at me). I pretended not to see it and just got my kids in the house. I then realize I have to go back out because I forgot something in the car, and he was standing in his driveway still holding his finger up! :glare:

Apparently he knew how stupid he was being since he knew what I was thinking just by looking at him as he drove up and down the neighborhood road. Despite the fact that the 4 year old was not driving straight and he most likely noticed me pulling my kids away from the street. Maybe that's what made him so mad? Hmmm.... Really ??:001_rolleyes:

That would have mad me very angry...so angry I would have called the police. I would be telling them all about his lack of concern for his children's safety and I would also file a report on him harrassing me (rude gesture). Thank goodness he didn't hit any of your children. The world is full of dumb people.

That would have mad me very angry...so angry I would have called the police. I would be telling them all about his lack of concern for his children's safety and I would also file a report on him harrassing me (rude gesture). Thank goodness he didn't hit any of your children. The world is full of dumb people.

Frankly, I would not advise this these days. Why antagonize him when he's already shown himself to be a dangerous individual?

I would, but I have to live here and really don't want neighbor problems. He is apparently not all there if he had to hold up his finger for 5 minutes making sure that I saw it. Not someone I really want to deal with. I do wonder though if his wife has any idea what goes on when she isn't home. Now that I think about it, he didn't originally pull out of his driveway. He turned onto the street which means he was driving through the whole neighborhood this way. Those poor children who don't even have a clue that daddy is doing anything wrong.

I would, but I have to live here and really don't want neighbor problems. He is apparently not all there if he had to hold up his finger for 5 minutes making sure that I saw it. Not someone I really want to deal with.

ITA. I also would not want to antagonize a person who is this foolish and apparently also tends to be hostile, who knows where we live.

I suggested calling the police and filing a report...not have them talk to him....I should have made myself clear. I believe in having a paper trail just as proof if something bad happens.

I try to stay away from my crazy neighbors but it helps that my DH works for the police dept and they stay away from me.