Menu

Superbowl - do you observe?

Do you observe SuperBowl?  

1. 1. Do you observe SuperBowl?

• Superbowl Rules
    • We're watching because our team is in it
    • I watch for commercials
    • I'm in it only for the food
    • I'm a conscientious observer from the SuperBowl (meaning you don't watch)

If we're at my parents house or a friend's that like the superbowl, then I'll drop by the tv area for the commercials. We don't watch much sports here at all. The kids would rather play a sport than watch it and neither dh nor I have much interest in it, although he is contemplating watching this year for GB, pure nostalgia since he grew up in GB territory.

HHHHUUUUUGGGGEEEE Football fan here :) Though, I always consider the Cowboys V. Eagles game in Dallas my REAL superbowl each year :D (Love to see my boys beat up on those birds)

Go Cowboys!!! :D

We're a pretty big football family - so we've got a brisket on and potato salad in the fridge and baked beans getting ready. Lots of cokes and beer and fun :)

I don't technically have a dog in this fight, but we usually have some one that we would prefer not to win - :lol:

I enjoy watching football with a group, but pretty much the only time this happens is for the Superbowl, so I try to get to someones house for a bit of fellowship & FB... :D

However, I wish it was not on Sunday, and would be way more into the whole thing if it was a saturday event...

I want to add I'm so glad that my husband isn't into sports and doesn't watch any televised sports at all (other than UFC fights!)

I can remember when I was married to my ex and my oldest daughter was young, her birthday parties (in January) consisted of my ex and his father and so on watching football on TV. It used to make me nuts.

Now I never have to suffer televised sports lol. (Although I do enjoy attending live baseball games occasionally).

Steeler games and the occasional Penguin games are the only sports my dh watches (he's disgusted by the Pirates). Of course, he never, ever misses a Steeler game. And now that he thinks I'm his lucky charm, I don't get to miss them either. :glare: Ah, what we do for love. :D

As a born-and-raised Packer fan (WI native) married to a born-and-raised Steeler fan (Pittsburgh native), I can honestly say that the level of fan commitment is strikingly similar. Very few teams are lucky enough to have such dedicated fans.

And Paula, I had to laugh about you being your DH's lucky charm. A few years ago I was banned from the house during Steeler games because apparently I had some sort of bad mojo going on.

My dh says he's heard that about Packer fans. It should make tonight very, very interesting. :tongue_smilie:

How about the obligatory "other"???

In my house... Super Bowl is a huge deal... except for me. I enjoy the commercials, food, and company. People come to our house and we have a football/food party. Me, I just have my computer with me and I mess around on it. Even the women who come are into football. I am the oddball.

My Dh has a annual bet with a friend of his. They have to pick a team (if it isn't their team playing... Dh is for the Giants, Friend is for the Bears). This year Friend is for the Steelers (no way will a Bears fan root for Packers- from what I hear- LOL), and Dh is for the Packers. They each bet a dollar and the winner keeps the other person's signed and dated dollar and it goes into a frame at their home. Dh usually wins-LOL. This has been going on for about 10 years now and I think Dh has 8 dollars.

I voted our team is in it, but let me clarify. There are few fans like the Packer fans. My dh was born/raised in WI (Milw) and forever a Packer fan, eventhough we've lived in beautiful NC for over 20 years. :D S <><

LOL, sounds familiar.

My Dh is a Giants die hard fan (and he hasn't lived in NY since he was 17... he is 41 now).

Then of course the Bears fans in my house are insane!!!! It gets to be WWIII at times here...

This is the big one. The Divorce Bowl.

DH is from Pittsburgh.

I am a Cheesehead from Wisconsin.

Go Pack Go!

LOL, that will be my niece and her fiance....

She is a diehard Bears fan, he is a diehard Packers fan.

I have no idea how they have survived this long and are getting married in November.