Menu

Rosie and Sandra- are you ok? More catastrophic weather

Gees, it's not letting up here in Australia at the moment. Melbourne and Victoria have just been hit by severe storms and flash flooding!

You guys and any others ok in Victoria?

Here in Perth we are getting really strong winds from the cyclone that hit NORTH QUEENSLAND a few days ago which is really, really weird since the weather usually goes from west to east not back this way, and Nth QLD is a heck of a long way away from us in the South West! But that cyclone was really huge.

Doesn't it make you think all those prophecies might have something to them after all? I mean, this is freaky!

ETA- oh, and Melissa is there too, isnt she?

Edited by Peela

There is LOTS of flooding in Victoria today.

East Gippsland will probably miss out, we usually have the highest rainfall in the state. we have been getting way less than average this year.

the terrain here can easily handle 100-200 mm of rain with no floods. I think the rest of the state is being greedy not sharing.:glare:

Amber is in WA.

We are fine, we live in a very elevated suburb, just about at the most elevated point. However, I'm glad we sorted out the stormwater issues we were having at the back of our property or we may have had water through the house.

Melbourne certainly is a mess though, we were driving to sailing this morning and had to take detour after detour to avoid flooding. The stream beside the sailing club was the highest I have ever seen it, with standing waves where it hit the sea, and a boat had sunk in it. I suspect at high tide this morning it was very close to flooding the club.

Rosie is near us, but quite a bit lower and I think there was some flooding around her area. I hope her home is OK.

Apparantly we are getting the tails of Yasi and Anthony at the same time.

The water over the roads was a few streets away. It's a good thing dh was able to pull a lot of the couch grass out that was blocking the drain on our corner otherwise our road would have had a grandmamma of a puddle too :) We saw on our way to the library yesterday how high the water had been over the main intersection near the station, but it had mostly drained away by the time we were out. We're probably going to the city today, unless it starts bucketing down in the next hour. There have been no problems with the trains.

Rosie