Menu

Cleaning my laminate floors

I'm sweeping and vacuuming every other day and the dog hair and dust buildup is absolutely amazing. I don't feel like my floors are getting clean. I have a Bissell 3-in-1 vac but it has wheels on the bottom which kind of drive me nuts. I used to have a Swiffer wetjet, but it looked a bit different than the one I saw in the store. I didn't like having to use the trigger to spray the cleaner first and rubbing the floor with it took effort, like scrubbing to get anything clean. I need something easier! *whining big time*

I'm looking at these:

Swiffer SweeperVac or Shark Steam Mop

Any experience with these? Any other recommendations? Again, I'm not deep cleaning. I just need something to run over the floor to pick up dog hair, human hair, dust, and crumbs.

I think I'm leaning towards the $40 swiffer sweepervac. The steam mop would require me to sweep first and then run the steam mop. That's really more than I want to do. Reviews say the rechargeable battery only lasts 10-15 mins. That is a downside for sure. The Bissell Steam & Sweep Hard Floor Cleaner looks interesting too, but it's about $130.

This is why I love WTM :) I was just thinking this same thing last night but since I am a compulsive thread starter :001_huh: I figured I'd better wait and see if I could find this thread somewhere :) woo hoo~

I have a swiffer but it's the plain one. I find the cleaner pads to be expensive but I hate to drag out my mop and bucket every day. I like the idea of a steamer but aren't they expensive?

I have the Swiffer SweepVac....or at least it is a Swiffer and it Vacuums, and I put one of those Swiffer pads on it, which collects hair, dust, etc. I charge it. Not sure if it is the same as what you refer to.

Here's my daily life:

Sweep up large piles of dog hair and dust with regular rubber broom. Gets all the big things.

Then Swiffer SweepVac....gets some particles that my broom missed. Definately "looks" like it worked great, as far as getting "stuff".

But it does nothing for the "prints" on the floor, those scuffy looking prints from feet on our main path, that you can only see from the right angle. Those things I HATE and use a Swiffer Wet pad for. It does alright, but they are back the next day. Not a fan of laminate for this reason!!

This is why I love WTM :) I was just thinking this same thing last night but since I am a compulsive thread starter :001_huh: I figured I'd better wait and see if I could find this thread somewhere :) woo hoo~

I have a swiffer but it's the plain one. I find the cleaner pads to be expensive but I hate to drag out my mop and bucket every day. I like the idea of a steamer but aren't they expensive?

I paid $25 for my steam mop:). It works perfect. It has a removable pad you take off and wash. I vacuum first, then run the mop over it. So easy.

And I ended up buying... nothing! I coulnd't make up my mind so I decided to pull out my old Kenmore vacuum, a great hulking canister thing. But man that thing has lasted 10 years so far! The floor attachment lays right against the floor and cleans really well. There are no wheels on it to drive me nuts. I had changed from the canister to the sweeper vac when we changed out our carpet for our wood laminate thinking it would be easier to clean with a smaller vacuum. Oh well. :)

I have a Hoover Floormate that works great with laminate, hard wood, tile. It's very easy to use and does a great job cleaning the floors. I clean houses and use it in 5 different homes apart from my own.

I have been waiting for this!!! I got this from Mom on Christmas and it is the best thing since sliced bread. We have about 2000 sq feet of laminate tile. Great idea for a house full of kids bad idea for mom to clean. This thing is amazing. If I really want a deep clean which I do on Saturdays I go slow and my floors are so clean. Now this may take me an hour. If it is during the week and I am just gicing a touch up I can do the whole house in under 30 and it is still pretty clean. It is a lot faster and does a better job than the broom and mop. I did want to tell you that I has a swiffer vac and after awhile the suction was horrible. I also tried the ready mops but buying thr replacement pads was way to expensive. Oh, and with the Hoover you can use other cleaner and not just the expensive Hoover. I use Mr. Clean and it work great!