Menu

WHAT is WRONG with people???? UGH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, we actually did have a neighbor with a mountain lion once. They kept it in captivity in their backyard. We are in the country so when I say "neighbor", I mean someone a couple of miles up the road. The problem wasn't with this mountain lion, it was with the other wild mountain lions that this one attracted. My next door neighbor looked down one year from putting up his Christmas lights and saw a mountain lion just yards away from his ladder.

I like your sherriff.

There are an appalling number of idiots in the world who own exotic pets that wind up harming and killing others. In particular, about 15,000 of them own wild cats. If someone in mountain lion country says they own a mountain lion, I wouldn't shrug it off:

10-Year-Old Girl Killed by Family Pet

In another tragic tiger encounter, a 10-year-old girl helping her stepfather groom a big cat died after the tiger clamped her head in its jaws. "No big cat can be tamed or trained to be a safe, trustworthy actor or companion," claims an HSUS spokesperson. "No matter how long you've had the animal, or how well he's behaved in the past, every moment spent in direct contact with a lion or tiger brings with it the risk of injury or death for the human handler or owner."

Child Disabled By Auto Mechanic's Lion and Tiger

In 2005 in Little Falls, Minnesota a lion and tiger owned by auto mechanic Chuck Mock reportedly bolted from their cage and pounced on a 10-year-old boy. He was seriously injured, and is now a quadriplegic and on a respirator.

10-Year-Old Dragged Under Fence to Death by Tiger

Think fences will keep you safe? In 2003 in Millers Creek, NC Ruth Bynum's 400-pound Bengal tiger dragged her 10-year-old nephew under a fence and into his cage, where the boy was mauled to death. Clayton James Eller had been shoveling snow and apparently got too close.

3-Year-Old Boy Has Arm Bitten Off by Uncle's Pet

In March 2000 in Channelview, TX a 3-year-old boy had his arm bitten off by his uncle's "pet" tiger.

Think only big cats can cause harm?

Pet Lynx Mauls Young Girl

In August 2005 in Clackamas, OR, an escaped pet lynx pounced on a six-year-old girl and began clawing her head.

Pet Bobcat Mauls Toddler

In April 1997 in Dallas a pet bobcat mauled a toddler, who lost a finger, part of his heel and a bit of his cheek.

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/recycling-design-technology/exotic-pets-attacks-460209#ixzz1CZLeuOnS