Menu

Social Groups how long do most last and are any going from the start?

I think the format used for posting caused the groups to not work. You had to go to the end of the thread to see the latest post and....I don't know. I just didn't seem like you could keep a running conversation.

It was a good idea, but the posting format was not good. Had the format been the same as here, I think it would have worked.

I think the format used for posting caused the groups to not work. You had to go to the end of the thread to see the latest post and....I don't know. I just didn't seem like you could keep a running conversation.

It was a good idea, but the posting format was not good. Had the format been the same as here, I think it would have worked.

I think that was a big part of it. That and the fact that you had to click over to get there.

I used to try to check them regularly in order to attempt to help keep them going, but no one else was participating, so I gave up finally, too....

Yes, that's what happened to me.

The LDS Beehive is still around. It's not super chatty, but gets several discussions a month.

Good to know.

I agree with pps about why they don't work. I think it works better for those who post on the main board, 52 books in 52 weeks, for example.

Yes. I've been a part of several book social groups, and all petered out by summer or so at the latest. The one you mentioned is now early in its second year.

:iagree: I'm in the Weight Loss Support group. It was great when it first started but as more people joined and more people posted, I couldn't keep up with how to check new posts. There just isn't a flow to run a smooth conversation.

NanceXToo started a Weight Loss Challenge group http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=129 that stays pretty active as far as these groups go--people post pretty much every day. I think it's because there are all sorts of dieting & exercise challenges of differing lengths, so there's always a reason to check in. I really love this group!

Other than a short term group like the prayer group for Imp's new smile, I refuse to join anymore social groups. I was the only one posting to too many of them and got tired of talking to myself.:glare:

That's how it was for me. I used to check my groups every time I logged on.

I often forget they are there.

That's what I figure many are doing.

I swear . . . you extroverts are all alike.

:lol::lol::lol:

;)