Menu

College Textbooks cheaper

I'm just so excited and wanted to share. I just received a microbiology text for my daughter - I ordered it from amazon - used - for $5.55!! That included shipping!!!

This has been the first semester that we have searched for books other than the community college bookstore. We've done pretty well with amazon, but this was by far our best deal.

Where do you find great prices for college textbooks?

Most of the great deals DH got this semester were from Amazon. He actually got quite a few books new from Amazon (they didn't have used) for less than the used ones at the campus bookstore. Part of the great deal was that he got a free 12-mo membership to Amazon Prime. He said anyone with a .edu email can get it. It's free the first year, then you can cancel or pay the $70. He said it's under the "my account" info on the amazon.com site. Prime includes free 2-day shipping, and free shipping on all the used book sellers, etc., plus special sales offered only to Prime members.

Most of the great deals DH got this semester were from Amazon. He actually got quite a few books new from Amazon (they didn't have used) for less than the used ones at the campus bookstore. Part of the great deal was that he got a free 12-mo membership to Amazon Prime. He said anyone with a .edu email can get it. It's free the first year, then you can cancel or pay the $70. He said it's under the "my account" info on the amazon.com site. Prime includes free 2-day shipping, and free shipping on all the used book sellers, etc., plus special sales offered only to Prime members.

Is this part of a special student deal? :confused: It's definitely not part of the regular Prime subscription — a tiny percentage of Marketplace sales are "fulfilled by Amazon" and therefore eligible for Prime, but the vast majority charge the standard $3.99 for shipping books.

Jackie