Menu

Anyone else dowloading the Funnix prgram today?

I had it marked on my calendar. Funnix is offering their reading program for free starting today through January. I tried this morning but guess I went too early because I couldn't find a download link. Anyone else getting it today? I have a reluctant reader (DS7) and he seemed interested in the program. DS6 is not reluctant but also does not want to surpass his brother, so holds himself back. I bought Click n' Kids for them and DS7 liked it for a while, but wanted to take a break.

www.funnix.com

I'm downloading it now and it must be HUGE because it is taking 30 mins for each part, and I have a fast connection. Then I have to download the workbooks and manuals.

DS7 and DS6 are really excited, so I am letting them watch Ponyo while it downloads so they stop bugging me.

I didn't have any problems w/it on my Mac. Did you click on the mac version download?

I did! The email they sent to me with the download instructions were specifically for Macs. I wrote to tech support and explained that unzipping failed. They emailed me back with the highly technical suggestion to "double click on the zip file". :lol:

My boys both really liked the lesson, up to the point where I realized I didn't have any ink in the printer and couldn't print out the worksheet. My DDs were both watching and it was cute because DD1 would point to the screen right after her brother did, and DD4 was following along also. I really like that the instructions explicitly say that this is not a game and the parent must sit next to the child and be the one to control the mouse and correct the child if they make a mistake.

I did! The email they sent to me with the download instructions were specifically for Macs. I wrote to tech support and explained that unzipping failed. They emailed me back with the highly technical suggestion to "double click on the zip file". :lol:

The only thing I can think of is downloading the files again. I was able to unzip them on my Mac. Maybe they got corrupted in the download process?

Double click on the zip file - good grief. Thanks for the help, tech support! :lol: