Menu

Three years now and may I say thank-you wonderful WTM people

It was three years ago in Jan 2008, that I stumbled upon the Hive mind. I had been using WTM for 4 years already, but never knew there was an online forum. I joined just after the board switched. I didn't come around much the first 6 months. However, I did pick up a great porcupine meatball recipe that is still a hit during that time.

It wasn't until I moved across country in May, that I became a regular member. You ladies, and gents were my only friends for that long, lonely summer. I remember the 2000 post thread! I was excited to get to 100, but you all were way ahead of me.

I think the thing I am most thankful for is how you people have challenged me. In every way shape and form you all have challenged me. My beliefs, my understanding of home education, my political affiliations, which way toilet paper should be hung, [or should you even use toilet paper at all. :tongue_smilie:], shopping carts, crock pots and which Mike's to drink.

You have seen me through a loneliness I have never known before. You have seen me through 3 miscarriages. You have prayed for me and laughed at me.

I am grateful. When I talk about the forum to people irl, they often look at me as if I had lost my mind, but you all are family, albeit virtual, but family nonetheless.

If it wasn't for you, I would not be using AAS, or Singapore Math or Classical Conversations.

So to my very dear family I say,

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE!

:party:

My kids wanted me to use this today. :D

I am grateful. When I talk about the forum to people irl, they often look at me as if I had lost my mind, but you all are family, albeit virtual, but family nonetheless.

I get the same response. I talk about my "invisible friends" constantly. (Maybe it's because I call y'all my "invisible friends" that I get the funny looks....)

I've just started saying things like, "Well, a woman I know said..." instead of saying, "Some stranger on an internet message board said..." I just don't get too specific about where I know the woman from.

I get this too! Why is that?

The information I have gathered on this forum can't be obtained anywhere else.

When I first started on the forum my family would roll their eyes when I mentioned the board. Then they meet a boardie and her family IRL and changed their tune. Now when there is a question, I often hear, "Hey, do you mind checking on the board...?":D

I couldn't agree more. We've been on this board for close to 10 years now and I constantly give the advice that's share here to others. Rarely posting, but always eager to hear how the Hive handles all situations from dinner to the next stage of child rearing!

Happy New Year!!!