Menu

I need a butterscotch dessert -- like a blondie, bar, cookie, etc.

I haven't had anything butterscotch in years. Mmmmm, I will be checking back to see what suggestions appear.

I used to love butterscotch pudding and the chocolate cookies with butterscotch chips. I also remember having butterscotch no-bake cookies.

Well I just happen to be sitting at the computer with my Christmas cookie recipes right next to me...finalizing the details and all. ;)

Butterscotch Cheesecake Bars are super yummy

1 bag (11oz.) butterscotch chips

1/3 c. butter

2c. graham cracker crumbs

1 c. chopped nuts

1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

1 large egg

1 t. vanilla

In saucepan over low heat, melt butterscotch chips and butter, stir to combine. Watch carefully to prevent socrching. Stir in cracker crumbs and nuts; mix well. Press 3/4 of mixture in 9X13 pan; reserve the remaining mixture.

Beat cream cheese with mixer til fluffy. Add milk, egg and vanilla; beat til creamy. Pour over bottom crust in pan. Top with reserved cracker crumb mixture.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. or til toothpick comes out clean. While bars are warm, run knife around edges to loosen. Cool, thenc ut into bars. Chill til you serve. Makes 28.

This is a very simple, quick blondie recipe that we have enjoyed for years:

South Carolina Chewies

1 stick butter, softened 1 lb light brown sugar (I use ½ dark brown and ½ white sugar)

3 eggs

1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose white flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, flour and all ingredients...nuts last. Mix really well. Spread & bake in 13â€x9†glass pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Optional: Sprinkle with conf. sugar right away while still hot

Enjoy!

GardenMom