Menu

immersion blenders, what's best

I've never had an immersion blender. I do cook. In the past when a recipe has called for something like this, I've strained and transfered the stuff to my food processor. I'd like an easier way to do this. I'd like to know how figure out what I should be looking for in an immersion blender. What brands are better, etc.

We have this one. I've had it for about a year and use it constantly. I love it. It works great and is so easy to clean (pop the stir stick in the dishwasher). I wish I had known of it years ago!

:iagree:We have this exact one and love it! I don't even use the dishwasher - just rinse the stick! It's fabulous for soup and sauces. If you make a lot of things that have to be transferred to the blender/food processor in batches, you will love this and never look back. No more dripping hot tomato soup on your arms, for one thing. ;)

I have the same one, it is totally awesome. Before I would have to transfer things to the blender but with this I can leave it in the pan it does a wonderful job and clean up is a snap. I used it just yesterday to puree my refried beans. The day before for mayo- it makes the best and easiest mayo there is.

That exact one is on my wishlist this Christmas. I've heard that the less expensive ones like that break after about a year or so... but honestly, I'm okay with that. I don't know for sure how much I'll use it and I think if I get a lot out of it, then maybe I'll want to upgrade if it goes kaput as many have said it will.