Menu

Need to buy now: The best plunger?

I bought one at Walmart or Home Depot for about $10. It might have even been cheaper than that. It's plastic and the actual plunger part is an accordion-shaped thingie. It's bright orange.

Sorry to get all technical on you. ;)

I didn't do any research or anything; I just needed one and that was what they had. It works fine.

Cat

I called my plumber uncle when I had this question. A cup plunger is for bathtubs and sinks, a flange plunger is for toilets.

Mine looks like the flange one, except it has the accordion shaped thingie above the flange, and it compresses when you "plunge." And mine is orange. And plastic.

So really, other than the flange at the bottom, there is no resemblance whatsoever. :tongue_smilie:

I am truly terrible at explaining this sort of thing. I have no clue, and it shows.

Cat

Mine looks like the flange one, except it has the accordion shaped thingie above the flange, and it compresses when you "plunge."

I am truly terrible at explaining this sort of thing. I have no clue whatsoever.

Cat

Is it sort of like this one? The sticky-out bit is apparently important when it comes to toilets. That's all I know. How's that for technical? :lol:

The accordion thing makes sense that it might force more water down.

Is it sort of like this one? The sticky-out bit is apparently important when it comes to toilets. That's all I know. How's that for technical? :lol:

The accordion thing makes sense that it might force more water down.

Yes! That's it!

I'm pretty sure we have that black one, too, but it's lost somewhere in the abyss that is our garage, so that's why I bought the orange one.

Cat

I bought one at Walmart or Home Depot for about $10. It might have even been cheaper than that. It's plastic and the actual plunger part is an accordion-shaped thingie. It's bright orange.

Sorry to get all technical on you. ;)

I didn't do any research or anything; I just needed one and that was what they had. It works fine.

Cat

I actually know what you're talking about. I understand thingies.:D

Mine looks like the flange one, except it has the accordion shaped thingie above the flange, and it compresses when you "plunge." And mine is orange. And plastic.

So really, other than the flange at the bottom, there is no resemblance whatsoever. :tongue_smilie:

That's what ours is like, except it's black.

Our's looks like this.