Menu

How many cookies for an exchange?

We are going to a homeschool Christmas party tomorrow in order to meet some local homeschoolers. One thing they are doing is a cookie exchange but no mention of how many to bring has been made. Nine families have RSPV'd that they are coming.

How many cookies do I need to bring?

I've been to exchanges where we're told to bring 2 dozen--1 for sharing, and 1 for exchanging. The sharing dozen went on the snack table, the exchanging dozen went back to the kitchen so later people could make up their take-home plate of a dozen. We'd choose one or two of each kind brought for the exchange.

Cinder

Oh, dear...that's a detail that should have been publicized before now. :-(

I say bring 4 doz. I mean, if you're going to the trouble to make cookies, you might as well make lots of them. :)

I agree.

I don't think I've ever made so many cookies before. I've already given away 7 1/2 dozen cookies and still have more to make for our party on Saturday in addition to this exchange.

I would ask. My group specified their expectations (1/2 dozen per person).

:iagree:

When I did this with Mom's Club we did 1/2 dozens. So if there were 9 people participating, not counting yourself you would need 8 sets of 1/2 dozen cookies so 4 dozen total. You would take home 1/2 dozen from each of the other bakers so you would also take home 4 dozen of 8 different kinds of cookie.

One year we did dozens and had 14 people participating. :tongue_smilie: We decided to cut it down to 1/2 dozens the next year.