Menu

Weight loss and smaller clothing sizes.

Ok, my jeans are now starting to look ridiculously baggy. So, I went back to where I ordered these and ordered two new pair, two sizes smaller. They arrived and I put them on. The waist is still baggy, but the thighs are tighter and irritate. I looked at the pants and they look normal, so does this mean I'm losing more in my middle and not as much in my thighs? Am I now a pear? Honestly, I look at myself and I don't think I look any smaller at all, but my clothes are baggy and even my bras are now too big. People tell me I'm "getting skinny", so I guess I am really losing. I'm going to send these jeans back, but I don't know if I should exchange them for another style or try to buy pants in a regular store.

Anyone have issues finding clothes that fit when they're losing?

I have lost a lot of weight and have major troubles buying jeans. I have lost weight everywhere BUT my stomach. I lost 3 inches and thats all. All jeans look horrible because I need the bigger waist size, which makes my butt and thigh area really baggy SIGH. I just never realized all the issues I'd have with the losing of the weight. My top half and legs have shrink and I still have a big ole belly :glare:

ETA: I tried on probably 20 different styles of jeans at MANY different stores. They all fit different. I just went with the best looking ones even though I hate them lol. I would try different brands!

I lost 25 pounds and went from a woman's size 8 and bra size 36DD to a junior's size 5 and a 34D/DD. So I own a new pair of woman's size 6 jeans, a new pair of junior size 7 jeans and finally, two pairs of junior size 5s that I hope to stay in for a while. (and two new bras). 34Ds are hard to find! The larger jeans will be great with long-underware and PMSing.

One thing I did do was go out one evening with my best girlfriend and try on lots of different styles. A friend of mine suggested I try the junior's section and a few different Levi fits. Kohl's had the best selection and I ended up buying one pair at Kohls and ordering the rest online for 1/3 to 1/2 less. You can go the the levi.com site and see the different styles (524s, 531s) and see what rise you want and read reviews. I found it very helpful.

BTW, lots of jean manufacturers have added spandex to their jeans. I found that the levi's really stretched out after a few hours.

Edited by NicksMama-Zack's Mama Too

I'm having a similar problem. I've lost quite a bit of weight but my stomach still has that same "shape" (bulge) I hate it because to me I look the same :( I don't see the weight loss at all but I know it's there because of the scale and because I'm down 8 sizes. I think I'd be a size smaller if it weren't for just my stomach. :( I don't know if you've looked into the stretchier jeans but those seem to work better for me. They have a little bit of lycra in them (not much...and not Jeggings). I bought a few pairs from the Thrift store and they are NYC brand. I really like them :)

I had something similar happen after I had my DD. I just seemed so redistributed, even after I lost a bunch of weight--I weighed less than before I got pregnant, but clothes fit completely differently.

I went to a thrift store and tried on about 40 pairs of jeans--trying to find which size in which brand worked for me. Surprisingly, I ended up buy some jeans there--there were a few pair that were in decent shape and fit me well. And, special bonus, they were shrunk already! It worked out great.

What I'm wearing these days, having lost a hair under 15 pounds during the last few months (which is HUGE for me), is still women's sizes, but two sizes smaller than before. I can wear a 16 or a 14W. The 16 will be tight in the waist and baggy elsewhere, and the 14W will fit pretty well all over. If you're tight in the thighs, you might try non-women's sizes (if those have been what you're wearing) for switch to those women's sizes that are specifically for 'curvy women'--meaning that they have a tight waist in proportion to the rest.

I'm having a similar problem. I've lost quite a bit of weight but my stomach still has that same "shape" (bulge) I hate it because to me I look the same :( I don't see the weight loss at all but I know it's there because of the scale and because I'm down 8 sizes. I think I'd be a size smaller if it weren't for just my stomach. :( I don't know if you've looked into the stretchier jeans but those seem to work better for me. They have a little bit of lycra in them (not much...and not Jeggings). I bought a few pairs from the Thrift store and they are NYC brand. I really like them :)

UGH isnt it frustrating???

I am proud of what I lost, but I feel like I am just at a new stage of "fat" same fat, just I weigh less. :o

Good to hear. I am starting WW.

I stepped on the scale today, UGH! I am the highest I have been in a good while.

The most frustrating thing is that I got pneumonia and didn't eat for several days (or ate very little) and didn't lose an ounce.....then ate not even normally, still smaller amounts, and GAINED.

I am still too winded to really exercise without losing my breath or coughing uncontrollably.....

ARGH!,

Dawn

I'll concede that it IS a nice problem to have, even if it's annoying!

I'm doing Weight Watchers.

I think sizing is so inconsistent now. Try on, and don't take the tags off until you've tried on each pair; even if they are the same brand, style, size and color. There just don't seem to be any standards.

Buying jeans shouldn't be so hard, but a good pair is worth the effort!

Congrats on the weight loss.

Interesting thread! I was just talking with my sister about this same thing! I am a runner, but didn't lose the weight until I joined WW. I'm now down to what I weighed in high school, but I'm a size bigger. ALL my clothes look ridiculously baggy on me. I need new stuff, but I HATE to shop. HATE it! But, I admit, it's a nice problem to have!!!

40 pounds and in holding maintain pattern right now! I went with comfy pants and easy to change clothes to a thrift store, and got a few new skirts, my others were falling off! lol

2 pair of pants, and shirts that are XL instead of 3x or 24's!

I am still in the "fat" zone, but I can touch my toes and do so in size 18's!!

my goal is size 14 and an additional 40 pounds, but I have a year to get there!!

I am doing low carbs( I do 30 carbs for 30 days, then 60-80 for maintain), walking 4 miles a day and laughing at life! I am melting! I enjoy the food, the lifestyle and the ability to go, I am gonna have this right now, but will not make it a habit. I have a 4 pound grace period, I hit that and I kick it in exercise and tether back my carbs. Sugar is just for special times!

Here's another idea for clothes--try black or navy knit skirts. They are almost like jeans. Long ones keep you about as warm. The only drawback is that you probably won't want to wear sneakers with them, but cowboy boots or maybe clogs with socks are about as comfortable to me.

I pick those up in thrift stores whenever I see them. And I buy the CAbI ones on Ebaby as well. They have elastic waists, but not TOO elastic, IYKWIM. They adjust to my changing figure, and hide bulges quite well.

My plan is to have one go to pair of jeans and one go to pair of casual but dress up-able black pants at each size all the way down to target weight, fill in with those knit skirts as long as they don't start falling down on me (which, admittedly, would be a WONDERFUL problem to have), and then buy unforgiving clothes that I will be motivated to stay in. I have never dieted on purpose before. I'm kind of amazed that I am capable of it. It's fun!