Menu

s/o wikileaks..was anything really a surprise?

I have read the cables but was doing a quick take on headlines (yeah, I know). I am not expressing a political opinion only my surprise at the surprise. It's like somebody finally said out loud what everybody knew or was thinking.

For example, one headline exclaimed Iran imported nuke info from North Korea. Nooooo, really?! I never would have thought in a million years!

The funniest one I've seen so far it from Fox News - leaks makes it official, nobody like Iran.

Hillary ordered spying on UN...well, of course. Is this earth shattering? I thought that spying was merely procedure.

I have read the cables but was doing a quick take on headlines (yeah, I know). I am not expressing a political opinion only my surprise at the surprise. It's like somebody finally said out loud what everybody knew or was thinking.

For example, one headline exclaimed Iran imported nuke info from North Korea. Nooooo, really?! I never would have thought in a million years!

The funniest one I've seen so far it from Fox News - leaks makes it official, nobody like Iran.

Hillary ordered spying on UN...well, of course. Is this earth shattering? I thought that spying was merely procedure.

Nothing I've seen yet.

The Saudis worried about Iranian nukes? Not news.

Afghan government corrupt? Not news.

There is spying at the UN? I'm shocked (shocked) :D

An alliance of evil between Iran and N Korea? You don't say.

I have not been paying very close attention but the "big stories" seem like nothing we didn't know.

Bill

I have not been paying very close attention but the "big stories" seem like nothing we didn't know.

Bill

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My cheeks are literally hurting from smiling and laughing too much at this. :D

I'm Iranian by birth, so this whole thing really cracks me up. Absolutely no surprises so far.

LOL, Wikileaks is like that young child who announces all of your family business when you're stuck under the dryer at the hairdresser.:001_huh:

Nothing I've seen yet.

Bill

You know, I mentioned this on the other thread: Assange et al need to grow up. The world is a nasty place. People spy, back stab, front stab, lie, cheat, kill, die... the gamut. The whole world does it - not just the USA.

And, um, yeah. Wanna see an interesting dynamic? Go to the lunch room at NATO and see who tries to sit at the tables next to where the Americans are sitting (NOT vice versa). Nastiness goes both ways, and there are a whole lot of folk at NATO who aren't "members"...

a

You know, I mentioned this on the other thread: Assange et al need to grow up. The world is a nasty place. People spy, back stab, front stab, lie, cheat, kill, die... the gamut. The whole world does it - not just the USA.

And, um, yeah. Wanna see an interesting dynamic? Go to the lunch room at NATO and see who tries to sit at the tables next to where the Americans are sitting (NOT vice versa). Nastiness goes both ways, and there are a whole lot of folk at NATO who aren't "members"...

a

I guess I'm surprised that others seem to be shocked that diplomacy doesn't just involve a formal negotiating table and international summits. Or that some of the insights of our professional diplomats is better kept off the front page of the newspaper.