Menu

If you could only have 1 Christmas cookie...

If you could only have 1 Christmas cookie what would it be? What is your absolute, must-have, it is not Chrismas without this cookie, cookie? And can you share/link the recipe? I need some new ideas. :001_smile:

My all-time favorite is the Mexican Wedding Cookie. This is the recipe I use.

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/mexican-wedding-cookies-681933/

Seven layer bars, hold the coconut.

How do you do hardened icing? I use frosting from a can. :glare: I need help. :001_smile:

The hardened icing is a thinned down Royal Icing. When it is thin enough, you can pipe a border, let it set for a few minutes, then flood fill. Making Royal Icing requires all the utensils and mixing bowls to be grease free so do a good hot soapy water clean before making it.

Here is the Wilton Royal Icing Recipe:

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons Meringue Powder (Joann's or Michaels has this in the baking section.)

4 cups confectioners' sugar sifted (do not need to sift if you use right from a new bag. Once the bag is opened and has been stored, you need to sift.)

6 tablespoons warm water.

Makes: Icing serves about 3 cups. Add your color to small amounts of icing AFTER you make all of the icing so that you will have plenty of white icing for all the colors you need. A little icing goes a long way.

instructions

1. Beat all ingredients until icing forms a peak (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer). Very important to mix the entire time even though it seems long.

NOTE: Keep all utensils completely grease-free for proper icing consistency.

*When using large countertop mixer or for stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.

You can use plastic icing bags (Joann's or Michaels) or a ziploc with a hole to make application a little easier and less messy.