Menu

How close are you to having your Christmas shopping done?

Here's the thing though. I am making nine of these blankets and I hope and pray I can get them all done in time for Christmas!!!!! EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

These blankets are great - I've made probably a dozen of them over the last few years and people love them. My best piece of advice - make sure you have good scissors. They really make a difference!

about as far away as one can get. I am too frazzled after my Mom's death to even think about it...sigh

Faithe

:grouphug: So sorry.

I am usually done the day after Thanksgiving- This year I will be about half done then! Love the blanket idea though- I think I will make each kid one!

Hancockfabrics.com has all their solid anti-pill fleece for $3.59/yard, and a lot of prints for less than $5/yard. Also try Joannfabrics.com I ordered a lot of prints from them. I am super excited!!!

...ER is home from college. His last final is Dec. 6th, so we will probably put up our tree a few days after that, when he is home to decorate it with us. He would be heartbroken if we did it without him. We always take a day and go shopping as a family in a larger city about an hour's drive from here. We shop all morning, go to Olive Garden for lunch, then shop for the rest of the day before heading home. Again, that will have to wait until ER is home and can go with us.

about as far away as one can get. I am too frazzled after my Mom's death to even think about it...sigh

Faithe

This was me last year. After my Dad died, I couldn't muster an ounce of Christmas spirit but I pulled it out for my kids. My FIL died 5 years ago right after Christmas and I felt the same way that year because he was so ill. I am doing better with it this year and feeling some more excitement. I am not done Christmas shopping though.