Menu

Well, he must be sitting on my roof.

Or I should say, perched. A big hootin owl, sounds like a great horned. He comes through every evening 10:30-midnight, sometimes with a friend. I have been trying to figure out where he perches and have finally decided it has to be right over my head.

I really like him. Guess it's time to name him. What do you suggest?

:lurk5:

Dr. Who...:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

You don't have any outside cats, do you? We lost a cat recently, and we're pretty sure it was an owl that took her. :(

There's a stray around here that dh commented just last night needs to be owl bait so he'll stay out of our garden fountain.

ETA: I am sorry about your cat, though, I hate to think anyone would lose a pet that way. Owls *will* take a cat, though.

Actually, our neighbors have done a lot of vegetable gardening this year as well as built a deck. I look out on their back yard from my kitchen window and laugh as I watch the happy rabbits that live there. In spite of griping about the rabbits eating their veggies & flower bulbs, they have created a *perfect* rabbit habitat (dh calls it The Rabbitat!). So it's like the buffet has been set.

I'm jealous! I had one glorious night where we had four Great Horned owls - three were perched atop our neighbor's two-story home (right by their chimney so I was able to size them, and, WHOA! They were enormous!) and the other was perched in a tree in our backyard.

I regret to this day not waking the kids and for not getting pictures. They were an awesome sight - but I assumed they'd be back another day. No such luck. :sad:

They are beautiful. We had a pair last year in the black-oak tree behind us. They hooted all night long...for weeks:glare:. Poor things were booted out of the roost due to a house being built back there.

I felt so sorry for my ds, because it sounded like they were in his room, and the poor kid got no sleep.