Menu

Snail Mail Transcript: what type of paper?

ssbmem

Having looked at the transcripts of my ps son, my husband, and myself, which were on something very similar to tissue paper, I opted to use our normal, cheap, recycled printer paper. I will get some nice parchment paper when I finally get around to making my son's diploma, but I don't think it really matters.

I would say that it probably doesn't matter much, but just make sure that the color is fairly light because some colleges scan everything submitted to them and review it electronically.

I've seen some lovely blue or tan papers, but I'd avoid those because when they're scanned, they might produce a document that is tough to read.

Brenda

Having looked at the transcripts of my ps son, my husband, and myself, which were on something very similar to tissue paper, I opted to use our normal, cheap, recycled printer paper. I will get some nice parchment paper when I finally get around to making my son's diploma, but I don't think it really matters.

:iagree: I don't think paper quality makes one bit of difference. Public schools are using the cheapest possible paper when they aren't submitting online.

I believe I am using 24lb printer paper. I don't know that the final transcript may be done in a more special paper but I saw what other schools are sending and at least mine is more readable. Many are not in good format at all. I don't think it matters unless you do something weird like print in on flower paper.

We used Southworth brand (Walmart!), 24 lb. Resume paper, 100% cotton, white, watermarked. It has a lovely and substantial feeling, and printed beautifully.

Hand raised--same here!

... but I saw what other schools are sending and at least mine is more readable. Many are not in good format at all.

Very true. I looked over my D's transcripts from public school and they are horrible. Everything is computer coded and some of it is erroneous. Classes in the wrong year, duplicates, omitted classes, etc. I have a friend who is a head of guidance in another county and she tells me the error rate--what public h/s final transcripts say versus what has actually been taken/completed/graded--is almost 20%. Most errors are caught by college-bound students but those students who aren't heading to college or don't care about their grades just slip by, forever unchallenged.

Edited by distancia

:iagree: We got the tissue paper too.