Menu

I am so very proud of Ben

Nathan came out earlier tonight saying he had wet his bed. He said it didn't smell at all, but he was wet. He changed clothes and went back to bed. A while later, Ben said he needed to talk to me. He said we needed to talk privately in my room.

He began crying, saying he had done something horrible. I hugged him and said, "just tell me."

He said he had read in a joke book that you can pour warm water on a person while they're sleeping, and they think they wet the bed. He said he did this with Nathan. He kept crying.

I told him I was so proud of him for confessing and for being so brave. I told him he was forgiven and that I loved him. Then, we agreed no more practical jokes like that.

I am just so proud of him.

It was so cute, that I had to keep from laughing. I didn't want to belittle his conscience, ya know? I just love them when they are so young and innocent. They scream at each other all day, and they bicker like crazy, but they are so "good" if you know what I mean.

Ben has been my hardest son so far, but he's also so great. He runs around the parking lot putting away carts, for example. And he is just so dismayed at the litter he sees on the ground.

It's okay to wallop your brother on the head, though. :tongue_smilie:

I would be very proud of his honesty, too. Did you have to step outside to laugh after he went back to bed?