Menu

Will anyone else be at Disneyworld November 13-19?

Lots of Disney talk lately! Will anyone be there at the same time as us, November 13 - 19?

We won't, but we did go that same we a few years back. It was perfect! No crowds at all, we walked onto every ride we wanted to ride, multiple times if we wanted. And it's good you are leaving on Friday, because that's when the Thanksgiving week crowd begins to arrive. By SAturday it was a total zoo and we stayed in our hotel until we left on Sunday. But M-F that week was absolutely perfect! Have fun!

We won't, but we did go that same we a few years back. It was perfect! No crowds at all, we walked onto every ride we wanted to ride, multiple times if we wanted. And it's good you are leaving on Friday, because that's when the Thanksgiving week crowd begins to arrive. By SAturday it was a total zoo and we stayed in our hotel until we left on Sunday. But M-F that week was absolutely perfect! Have fun!

Ooh, that's very good news! The 'crowd projector' is giving us 1s and 2s for every day we are there, so it's fabulous to know it really worked that way for you.

Lots of Disney talk lately! Will anyone be there at the same time as us, November 13 - 19?

Yes!

And this is why we chose the time we did!

Yes!

And this is why we chose the time we did!

Awesome! Maybe we'll see you at some point :001_smile:. We are staying at All Star Movies, and our touring plan is:

Sunday, Magic Kingdom

Monday, EPCOT

Tuesday, Animal Kingdom

Wednesday, Disney Studios

Thursday, EPCOT

Friday, Magic Kingdom

Just noticed my girls are a year older and a year younger than your oldest dd!

Nope! But, we'll be there Jan 6 − 15, if you want to make another trip!!!

heh, I'll see what I can do about that!

Hi - I don't post here often... we're doing disney the 12 - 21!

Any planning suggestions. This a very last minute trip with family and gradparents...

on the 13th I noticed MK is open until 2 am? Will it be a zoo that day

?

I think the Epcot food and wine is going on until the 14th - anyone been there during that event? Is it crazy busy?

Any favorites? Kids are 9 7 and 4

(As you might guess, we are not crowd people)

trying to get all the diner reservations is complicated with 7 people doing different things...

Any planning suggestions. This a very last minute trip with family and gradparents...

?

I think the Epcot food and wine is going on until the 14th - anyone been there during that event? Is it crazy busy?

Any favorites? Kids are 9 7 and 4

(As you might guess, we are not crowd people)

trying to get all the diner reservations is complicated with 7 people doing different things...

The Epcot food festival is usually pretty crowded; other than that, crowds should be nice and light!

If you aren't likely to stay and take advantage of the late hours, you might do a different park on the 13th. We've never found that magic hours make a park crazy crowded, but it will likely be more crowded than the others.

It's handy to bring a stroller even if your kids don't ride in it, just to hold all the extra stuff while you go on rides. Do park it in designated stroller parking (or they will move it), and DON'T bring a gigantic, hard-to-maneuver one. Just a little umbrella stroller! Mark it in some way so you can find it in the ocean of strollers; we use brightly colored twisty ribbon, and colored electrical tape on the handles.

The first time we took our kids, they were 6 & 8. We got an early start every day, took a break back in the room in the afternoon (most crowded time), and went back in the evening. This worked great for us. My kids were sooooo hyped up about Disney that they truly needed that break each day, lol! If you can't manage a room break, do quiet things like Hall of Presidents, etc to give them a bit of down time. Find out where the playground areas are; a lot of kids will also do well with a break to relax and play (which seems like a waste of valuable Disney time, but it's not if it helps you avoid meltdowns).

Eek, can't wait!!

My son will be there -- working! Send me a pm and I'll tell you where to find him. Your kids might like to meet a WTM graduate who is spending a gap year working at Disney. :D

He said that Christmas has suddenly popped up this week. One day it was Halloween and the next day Christmas. There have been several cast member parties after the parks close so they can have a chance to enjoy the lights and decorations and holiday parades. The Osborne lights at Hollywood Studios look amazing. The Christmas soundtracks were turned on, too, at all the parks, and with the cool temperatures they are having this weekend he said it feels like mid-December!

I'm jealous of folk getting to go to the Food and Wine festival!

I'll be there in early January to help him move out of his apartment when his term of employment ends. Our itinerary so far includes the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and a meal at Steak and Shake! (We don't have those in California -- apparently it is the Disney Cast Member restaurant of choice after work!)

Awesome! Maybe we'll see you at some point :001_smile:.

:D

Sunday, Magic Kingdom

Monday, EPCOT

Tuesday, Animal Kingdom

Wednesday, Disney Studios

Thursday, EPCOT

Friday, Magic Kingdom

Our plans are in my DH's computer.:glare: We're staying at the Grand Floridian from the 10th-20th. My oldest DS is usually carrying a large video camera and often wearing an Indiana Jones hat.;)

Just noticed my girls are a year older and a year younger than your oldest dd!

heh, I'll see what I can do about that!

?

We were there last month, and while the Food and Wine Fest was busy, it wasn't horribly crowded.

My son will be there -- working! Send me a pm and I'll tell you where to find him. Your kids might like to meet a WTM graduate who is spending a gap year working at Disney. :D

I'll be there in early January to help him move out of his apartment when his term of employment ends. Our itinerary so far includes the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and a meal at Steak and Shake! (We don't have those in California -- apparently it is the Disney Cast Member restaurant of choice after work!)

We went to the Harry Potter World last month. It's pretty neat, though I expected it to be bigger...

When we arrived at Universal, we thought, "Oh, good, it's not crowded at all!" Well, it only looked that way because EVERYBODY was in the Harry Potter area! It was super crowded back there. It'll be fun to go once the crowds die down!

We just returned home last night...Sat night. It's early Sunday morning and I didn't sleep well (could it be I'm missing DW...:lol:) and with the time change I'm sitting here....otherwise we'd be at church. We have lots to unpack.

This was our first trip and I'm going to post about it if you care to read it later today.

Have fun! Sheryl <><

We just returned home last night...Sat night. It's early Sunday morning and I didn't sleep well (could it be I'm missing DW...:lol:) and with the time change I'm sitting here....otherwise we'd be at church. We have lots to unpack.

This was our first trip and I'm going to post about it if you care to read it later today.

Have fun! Sheryl <><

I want to read about it!!!! We're out the door right now for church, but I'll definitely be reading about it!!!!!!

Where is the crowd projector?

I use the one at touringplans.com (this is the same people who do the Unofficial Guide to Disney books). I'm not sure if you have to have a membership to use the crowd projector, but I'll be glad to check dates for anyone if you do.