Menu

courage spinoff, What terrifies you....

That my very innocent son could go to jail for a crime he didn't commit. It is a wrong ID by the eyewitness who saw someone for 15 seconds in a robbery. 2 days later, my son was walking to the mailbox, this person saw him from across a street, said "thats him" and he was arrested.....no questions asked, no interview, no nothing. No evidence was collected, no fingerprints, no motive. Just this 15 second 'eyewitness'. His trial is in 2 weeks. :(

He was in bed, asleep at the time, 3am. We were home too, but also asleep..so no alibi. (Where are good kids at 3am?)

It will just be her 'he did it' vs his "I didn't do it".

He is a phenomenally good kid, very active in church (we don't attend-he does), volunteers to help teach Sunday School, is paying his own way on a missions trip to Haiti, babysits his siblings for free (even though we offer to pay him), got early acceptance to college at 15yo-- taking chem and calculus at 16yo, doesn't drink caffeine 'because it is a drug', is always (!!) kind and sweet, is on crew and a swim team...He makes all the right choices, but that apparently doesn't matter.

This is what terrifies me.

Oh, and by the way....none of his character will be admissible in court. The judge won't know if he is a hoodlum who terrorizes the neighborhood....or the sweet kid that he is. :willy_nilly::banghead:

It will just be she said/he said. :(

I'm very claustraphobic and this goes nicely with my fear of being trapped. I won't even sleep with the bedroom door closed for fear there will be a fire or break-in and I won't hear it (kind of silly since we have two dogs). Then this joins my fear of something happening to one or more of my kids and I won't be able to protect them.

Open water. I don't like being on open water.

My 17yr. old driving in the winter. I have never been a more nervous wreck than I have been since got her license. She is a very competent driver, but I still worry about all the things that could go wrong.

Getting blood drawn will make me hyperventilate unless DH is there to talk me through it (he has a tone of voice he uses that forces me to focus on him).

Big spiders! The standard ones we get here normally don't bother me, but unusually large ones or some of the strange ones that I've seen in the last couple years do.

That my very innocent son could go to jail for a crime he didn't commit. It is a wrong ID by the eyewitness who saw someone for 15 seconds in a robbery. 2 days later, my son was walking to the mailbox, this person saw him from across a street, said "thats him" and he was arrested.....no questions asked, no interview, no nothing. No evidence was collected, no fingerprints, no motive. Just this 15 second 'eyewitness'. His trial is in 2 weeks. :(

He was in bed, asleep at the time, 3am. We were home too, but also asleep..so no alibi. (Where are good kids at 3am?)

He is a phenomenally good kid, very active in church (we don't attend-he does), volunteers to help teach Sunday School, is paying his own way on a missions trip to Haiti, babysits his siblings for free (even though we offer to pay him), got early acceptance to college at 15yo-- taking chem and calculus at 16yo, doesn't drink caffeine 'because it is a drug', is always (!!) kind and sweet, is on crew and a swim team...He makes all the right choices, but that apparently doesn't matter.

Oh, and by the way....none of his character will be admissible in court. The judge won't know if he is a hoodlum who terrorizes the neighborhood....or the sweet kid that he is. :willy_nilly::banghead:

:grouphug: I can't imagine what your family is going through.

I have thought a lot about you since you first posted about what happened. I didn't realize the trial was so close. I am so sorry and will be praying for you son. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I am so sorry you are going through this. I cannot even imagine how you must feel. :grouphug: