Menu

Have you been "ghosted" yet?

We finally got ghosted -- surprise bags of Halloween candy on our porch. What a nice new tradition in the making -- you get a bag with candy, a ghost picture, and instructions to leave two bags with ghost pix on a neighbor's porch. Then you pin your ghost pix on your door, so people know that you've been ghosted. The idea is to do something nice before Halloween -- sort of the opposite of those pranks the night before Halloween (which have pretty much died out in our area, thank goodness (fingers crossed).

(In our area, parents call ahead, so that kids aren't eating candy from strangers.) Googling 'Halloween ghosting' will give you poems & ghost pix, if you want to do this.

LOL reading this post. Had never heard and/or experienced such a thing before this year. Moved into our new neighborhood/city/state in June. Last night we were ghosted or phantom as they call here. We are to pass it on to 3 additional families. Thought it was such a fun way to celebrate. The kids have enjoyed completing the goodie bags and are contemplating who to phantom this evening.

We have such friendly new neighbors! (Just a positive for all those whose dh have lost jobs. Dh lost his job, looked like crazy, found an even better job, both in terms of one he liked better and better benefits, etc. We did move 1/2 way across the country, but it has turned out to be quite a wonderful experience so far. The cloud did have a silver lining, but sure didn't see it at the time.)

I've never heard of this, but this sweet old man who lives next to us just brought over a (really, truly) random assortment of toys. I wonder if he's just cleaning house from grown kids or if this is his interpretation of the tradition? :lol: (I assume the former, but with the biggest heart you could imagine.)

Our old neighborhood did a Santa version of this. It was so much fun getting gifted, and then surprising three neighbors. After about a week, you could see the sign in almost every window. No one got left out, some (not many) just chose to not pass it on or put the sign in their window. New neighbors particularly loved it, as they really got to see the friendliness of the neighborhood shine through. Oh, how I miss that neighborhood.... Halloween meant golf carting (town is full of paths, and golf cart parking) it around the neighborhood, among other things.