Menu

How can I possibly get through the weekend?

Lois McMaster Bujold's new book Cryoburn is out. I've been waiting for the next book in this series for eight years.

Connie Willis's new book All Clear is out. It's the sequel to Blackout, which was fantastic and which ended on a cliffhanger.

My birthday is on Tuesday. My husband knows how much I want to read these books. There's no way I can legitimately buy them for myself four days before my birthday.

HOW am I going to make it until Tuesday?! Knowing that these books are out there, calling to me from the Barnes & Noble that is even within walking distance of our house, begging me to read them?

Please send help.

:iagree:

Yeah, my husband is always relieved when I just tell him what I want. Then he doesn't have to come up with something.

I believe my direct quote was, "Hey, you're off the hook for ideas for my birthday. Cryoburn is out and so is All Clear."

The problem is the WAITING. If I ask him to give me my present early, my 5yo is absolutely going to notice and remember.

I believe my direct quote was, "Hey, you're off the hook for ideas for my birthday. Cryoburn is out and so is All Clear."

The problem is the WAITING. If I ask him to give me my present early, my 5yo is absolutely going to notice and remember.

Not if he gives them to you in private.

You can put book covers on the front of them then Monday night after you are finished with them take off the book covers and toss the in a gift bag.

No problem.