Menu

Corolle dolls?

The Corolle Dolls are nice. Dd has a babydoll. As time went on all the babies were eclipsed by the American Girl. I think it depends on how much of doll players your girls are and what you want to be buying for them. My dd was happy with clothes from the AG Company and other local knock offs and the same with furniture.

My dd has several of the Corolle dolls. They are soft vinyl (I think the AG dolls are hard vinyl - I don't know?) The hair has held up really well and they have that nice vanilla smell to them. I do think the AG dolls are nice from a historical point of view and all the available accessories. But the Corolle are very nice quality and more affordable.

I think that the Corolle dolls are much better quality, but the AG dolls have so many accessories and stories and such that they become kind of irresistable via marketing.

I can tell you that DD got a Corolle Baby Calin and an AG Bitty Baby at around the same time, and Calin was the fave and BB was never really used at all except for occasional decoration.

We have both and the kids prefer the corolle dolls. They have held up really well to 5 years of everyday play. The American Girl dolls are nice but ours really don't get used. My older girl is just starting to get interested in the stories that go along with them (1st grade) but she still doesn't pull them out just to play (they were a hand-me-down, she has never asked to buy one).

I guess it would depend on the purpose. If you are looking for a baby doll, I would definitely go with the Corolle (Bitty Baby clothing fits the 15" Corolle baby doll). If you want the history and lots of accessories, American Girl is the way to go. I don't think that the AG doll is better quality, but is more "collectible."

My girl oogles over the AG dolls, but we got her the Target version last year due to budget AND not sure how she was honestly going to react over the whole idea.

It's been hit and miss. She likes it, but honestly doesn't play with her a whole lot. However, has requested another doll this year. I, not being overwhelmingly impressed with the Target doll's quality, saw the Corolle and wondered if that was any better for a comparable price. Again, I'm not ready to shell out the $$ for an AG as dd still hasn't proven her devotion. LOL But I'd be willing to put out another $30 to test, kwim?

I'm all for the AG collectible route, once she shows real interest in that. :)

Thanks for the input, very helpful. The Corolle doll stays on my wishlist for her.