Menu

Husband-Appreciation Day

I was just thinking about how grateful I am that my dh is at work, providing this good life for us.

Let's give our wonderful husbands a big hug and kiss today!

:001_wub::001_tt1:

Funny you post this, I just texted my dh saying how much I love him and how happy I am that we get to hang out this weekend doing household and family stuff! yay dh!!

He has been making practically no money for months now, he is a loan consultant at Countrywide, and times are very hard. But the past month, business has really picked up (people are buying up foreclosures) and he has been working looooooong hours every day. He is determined to pay off the huge credit card debt we built up over so many months with no paycheck.

He is working so hard, and never a word of complaint. He has been getting home at around 10:00 every night lately.

Michelle T

He has been making practically no money for months now, he is a loan consultant at Countrywide, and times are very hard. But the past month, business has really picked up (people are buying up foreclosures) and he has been working looooooong hours every day. He is determined to pay off the huge credit card debt we built up over so many months with no paycheck.

He is working so hard, and never a word of complaint. He has been getting home at around 10:00 every night lately.

Michelle T

Seems like they have been in the news about mortgage problems much more than most others. That's a really tough company to be working for these days. I sure hope everything turns out OK for you all.

:iagree:

My dh hasn't been home before 9pm for nearly two weeks (but as my fellow military wives know, I'm grateful when he can actually come home every night). He never complains.

Last night he called at 7:45 and said, "I'm in civillian clothes, keep the kids up- I need to see my children." He had plenty of work still to do, and went in at his usual O'dark early this morning, but he loves and adores his family and he lets us know despite his demanding job. I dig him!

Jo

This weekend begins the busiest week of the year for dh. He will work all weekend and late nights all week long.

This busy week always falls on my birthday week. So, dh will not be around to appreciate how old I am getting ;).

He works so hard and times are tough, so I will appreciate the OT...next month.

Well, it's 10pm here on Friday night after a lousy week at work part of which was an overnight trip. Is he kicking back watching tv, drinking a beer? No - the saintly man ran out to Meijers to buy a snake and is trying to unstop the kitchen drain, which is likely plugged by some pasta I put down it. He is exhibiting an extraordinary level of calm. (This after he repaired the lawnmower, mowed the lawn, and helped chase a wet dog around the house because dds had to wash him and just couldn't keep the bathroom door closed.)

Luv ya, honey!

Seems like they have been in the news about mortgage problems much more than most others. That's a really tough company to be working for these days. I sure hope everything turns out OK for you all.

Since Bank of America bought Countrywide, DH feels his job is most likely going to be fine, and at least Countrywide won't be going bankrupt. But many Countrywide employees in various support positions will be let go.

Michelle T