Menu

Does anyone know of a church history curriculum other than SL?

I love Church History in Plain Language. Kuiper's book has study questions at the end of each chapter and we have used that as well. We have also used some videos to go along with a church history study, The History of Christianity was good.

We have also used Acts, which is an excellent addition to the Visual Bible series.

And The Reformation.

I really like Church History in Plain Language. It was the textbook for my high school church history class, and I have always bought the revised versions since then because I liked the book and the class so much.

CLASS (through Christian Liberty Academy) has a Church History course using this book that I am considering for dd in the future. You might want to check it out.

Here is the high school courses page:

http://www.homeschools.org/viewCurriculum/highSchool.html

Just scroll down to the Church History course.

Here is the CLASS home page:

http://www.homeschools.org/index.html

I love Church History in Plain Language. Kuiper's book has study questions at the end of each chapter and we have used that as well. We have also used some videos to go along with a church history study, The History of Christianity was good.

We have also used Acts, which is an excellent addition to the Visual Bible series.

And The Reformation.

The History of Christianity is on Netflix! I'm going to get it and watch it. I'm not sure where to download the pdf workbook, though.

Concordia Publishing House has a great one for seventh grade--a single semester survey from the Ascension to the present day. But, it's from a Lutheran perspective. It was wonderful to use after DD finished SOTW, because she was already so familiar with world history and this gave it an added perspective from a Christian standpoint.