Menu

Are there any free forums for Dave Ramsey followers?

this is the guy that people rave about here, the one who is supposed to help you get out of debt and save money?

(....so you can spend it on his forums?) :tongue_smilie:

I have written to him to complain that despite all the free forums out there, it's really ironic that he, who caters to people who have no money, charges for his forums! Isn't he making enough off of all the books/speaking engagements/seminars?

For the record, I think he's doing a wonderful thing for Americans, but this one issue bugs me. Sigh.

I have written to him to complain that despite all the free forums out there, it's really ironic that he, who caters to people who have no money, charges for his forums! Isn't he making enough off of all the books/speaking engagements/seminars?

Ditto. But then I've never taken one of his seminars either because I'm not willing to pay the $100 materials fee.

LOL. Maybe if you are unwilling to pay the fee, you don't really need his services. After all we are already penny pinchers. :lol:

Ditto. But then I've never taken one of his seminars either because I'm not willing to pay the $100 materials fee.

LOL. Maybe if you are unwilling to pay the fee, you don't really need his services. After all we are already penny pinchers. :lol:

He has found that people respect more what they actually pay for than what they get for free.

This is what I have been told about other things too -- free surgeries, etc. that there are better results when people are expected to contribute something themselves than when it is entirely free.

He has found that people respect more what they actually pay for than what they get for free.

This is what I have been told about other things too -- free surgeries, etc. that there are better results when people are expected to contribute something themselves than when it is entirely free.

I don't have a problem paying for something someone has worked hard to create. I think he is well within his rights to charge whatever he wants. I just find $100 exceeds what I'm willing to pay for it. I'm not slamming on the guy.

I'm not sure I agree with Ramsey's statement about respecting more, things that are not free. The most important and most highly valued things in my life are free.

Edited by Daisy