Menu

I need group games for a teen party

Games like Scene It has a "party play" option where you can put on the DVD and everyone can just call out answers (as opposed to using the board game that goes along with the DVD).

There are similar musical trivia DVD/board games which are fun.

Charades.

Twister.

Apples To Apples.

Pictionary.

If you have a Wii or Rock Band or some such, those are always a hit.

If you mean organized backyard type games though, then I don't know about that age- maybe relay race type stuff, nerf or water gun fights, tug of war, etc?

mine still enjoy "who am i?" where you stick a name (historical, cartoon character, character from a book/movie/tv show, famous person, etc) on each person's back on masking tape and they are only allowed to ask yes-or-no questions to figure out who they are. when they guess, they stick their "name" on the front until everyone is finished. sometimes we even name someone the name of another person who is attending the party. we typically use this as the first game, an icebreaker of sorts.

have fun!

:001_smile:

*We love Pictionary.

*Or some "Minute to Win It" competitions would be fun.

*Flashlight tag is always a hit at our house.

*Chair tag (though I can't tell you all the rules this is a FAV. You could google for rules

*We also play a game where each person attaches a clothespin to the back of his shirt, then each tries to grab the clothespin from another's shirt. If a clothespin is stolen, the player adds it to the back of shirt. Any player losing his clothespin is out. Play until one person has all the pins or you call time and see who has the most.

*volleyball

*neighborhood scavenger hunts

Have fun!

Lisa

Well, okay here it goes, we love Cheeto Head! :lol: We did find dollar store capes, shower caps and goggles were great for pictures. The kids line up in pairs like an egg toss or something. One gets shaving cream piled up on his head and when time is called the other throws cheetos at her for 2 minutes. Time up. The team with the most cheetos on the head win. They are "Cheeto Head" and win a bag of, cheetos. Lot's of laughing and funny pictures. Flashlight treasure hunts are fun. And the board games mentioned.

When I was in high school, one of the most fun parties I attended was one where part of the menu was a mystery. There were code names for all the appetizers and desserts. I don't remember what they all were but some were too funny - barbells were 2 grapes on a toothpick. For one round of the appetizers we didn't have eating utensils and someone ordered jello (forget what it was called) and the mini-log (another toothpick). You just can't let those at home know what you are doing so they can be tricked as well.

"The Pillow Game" is always a hit with teens I know.

Have everyone sit in a circle on the floor with one person ("it") in the middle holding a soft pillow. Pick a category, such as fruit, animals, presidents' last names, sports, objects you see at a birthday party--whatever you wish. Each person (except "it") picks a name for him/herself from that category and shares it with the group.

To start the game, call out one player's name. "It" tries to hit that person with the pillow (no throwing) while that player tries to call out someone else's name first. If "it" hits the player before he/she can say someone else's name, "it" takes his/her place (and assumes his/her name) and the player who was hit is the new "it". If the player calls out another name first, "it" moves on and tries to hit that person instead. If "it" accidentally hits the player after he/she called out another name, play stops while the player hits "it" back twice. The same rule applies if "it" gets mixed up and hits the wrong person. It gets moving very quickly and always results in much hilarity. After "it" has changed around quite a few times, pick and new category and new names to keep it fresh. I've been at several parties where this game was so popular it went on for 1.5 hours!

When I was a teenager, we played "The Animal Game." Very silly, and the main point of it seemed to be laughing.

Everybody sits in a circle. Everyone chooses an animal. Everyone thinks up a gesture and/or sound to represent their animal. The weirder, the better. Then the first person makes his animal gesture/sound. The second person makes the first person's animal gesture/sound, plus his own. The third person makes the first one's, the second one's, plus his own. And so on until someone messes up. By the time you're making three or four of these funny gestures, it gets very silly.

My son's enrichment program has a monthly game night, which is wonderful. The kids each bring a favorite board game. When the group gathers, they just break into natural groups, choosing whichever game and whichever group they want. No computer games! (Computer games totally change the group dynamic.)

Hope that gives you some ideas.

I have done this for a variety of ages and even Teens loved it

the game Poison

short version

lay out 10-15 pieces of small pieces of wrapped candy. each different

one child leaves the room, the others pick out the Poison piece

the child returns and picks up the candy until the poison is picked. then they stop. The kids at our party decided that they could keep all up to and including the poison piece