Menu

C25k ers? Please check in here!

After reading about it here (THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!) a couple weeks ago, I started the Couch to 5k thing and am really, really happy with my progress so far! I love this thing!

I was wondering if any of the C25kers here use the C25k forums http://c25k.cze.dk/viewforum.php?f=5 and if so, if you'd mind posting here what your userid/handle is over there so I can recognize you. I'd love to recognize any familiar folks over there, as it is extra motivating to know 'friends' who are doing it.

I am using my same userid there -- StephanieZ -- and have a progress thread going. It is *very* motivating to post my progress on my thread, and it keeps me from blogging every run on facebook, or boring my friends/family IRL to death with every success & challenge.

OK, I am off to go do my Wk3 Day2 run!!

Thanks again, SO MUCH, to the folks who were posting about this a few weeks ago. It is a hugely good thing for me so far!

Good for you!!! It's addictive isn't it?

I didn't start out with C25K. I didn't know about it when I started running. But, I've been running regularly now for over 3 years. I'm currently training for my first marathon and will run the Detroit half next month. I feel SO strong when I run. I absolutely LOVE it!!!

A marathon! Wow!! How inspiring! You go, girl!

yes, I am really enjoying the running. It is so measurable and finite and satisfying.

I also love that I've lost 5 lb in 2 weeks w/o significant changes in my diet. ;) I know I'm not supposed to focus on weight, but, to be real, that is a huge motivator. (15 lb to go!)

Guest Cindie2dds

I just got the app for my iPhone today. My girlfriend is doing it. She asked me to join her in a Christmas 5k, so after I get back from vacation, I'm starting too! :)

A marathon! Wow!! How inspiring! You go, girl!

yes, I am really enjoying the running. It is so measurable and finite and satisfying.

I also love that I've lost 5 lb in 2 weeks w/o significant changes in my diet. ;) I know I'm not supposed to focus on weight, but, to be real, that is a huge motivator. (15 lb to go!)

Yippee!!!! Keep it up! The weight will come off. Have you signed up for a race yet? Races keep me running. I don't run many, but I love them!!!

I just got the app for my iPhone today. My girlfriend is doing it. She asked me to join her in a Christmas 5k, so after I get back from vacation, I'm starting too! :)

DO IT!!!!!! It is SO worth it!!!! It can be an addiction, really. But, it's just so fun!

Guest Cindie2dds
DO IT!!!!!! It is SO worth it!!!! It can be an addiction, really. But, it's just so fun!

Thanks for the encouragement! Dh is wanting to do it with me too! We are heading out for vacation tomorrow, but when we get back, I'm going to post for accountability. ;)

I used to run pre kids and 15 pounds ago. I'm just not sure when and where. I promised myself to work out those details before I get back so I can hit the ground running! :lol:

Edited by Cindie2dds
Typo

I am a huge fan of the C25K program. My DS and I did the program last fall, ran in a race on Halloween, and then did no running over the winter. We started again in the spring and repeated the program. We ran a 5k and a 4 mile race, and now I am signed up to do a 10K on Oct 2. This program really motivated me to start exercising, and to keep it up. Once I finished the C25K program, I started in on the Gateway to 8K. The keys for me are to have a program to follow and to set goals. Good luck with your running!

I've been doing MY version of C25K for about 2 years.

My dd & I now call it "wogging"--walk/jog--and (at my husband's suggestion) have wogged nearly every day this summer.

I just wanted to quickly say that my body hasn't changed much, but I have a healthy tan AND love the mental contemplation time (away from kiddo interruption). They know how to come get me in an emergency, but it's a treat to be able to think through Issues without interruption.

Just wanted to chime in, to encourage others to start. I was a high school athlete, not overweight, yet still was challenged by the Week 2 requirements. It's just a really, really solid way to improve fitness!

Glad for the thread!

I am doing the C25k! I am about 50 lbs from where I want to be. I have lost 30 already. I am on week 6 day 2, but I didn't get to run the full 10 minutes, so I will be repeating it. I had horrible leg cramps. Anyways, I have continued wth this longer than anything else. I have never been in shape, and I just turned 35. I don't have big lofty goals inmind, but I want to finish this program and continue to run 30 minutes 3 times a week for my kids. I can't be a good mom and be unhealthy and overweight. I was always tired. I just couldn't do it anymore. HTH!

I don't post on the forum, but I started C25K in mid July and finished a couple of weeks ago. Finished the program, but I'm still running. (I also found I have to run for ~36 minutes to get a full 5K in -- I'm not sure how many *very*beginning* I-was-just-on-the-couch runners can manage to run 5k in a mere 30 minutes.

Now I'm working towards a 10K on October 23.

I do have several friends who are either doing the program or are very supportive. That has been a huge help.

I still don't love running. I had to accept that I don't *need* to "love running". I just have to do it. ... And I do LOVE the way I feel afterward. And that motivates me to keep going.

I just started this too! I finished Week 2 Day 2 today. We got a blue heeler and I've been taking him for walks/jogs. I'd love to eventually take him for a long run...he needs lots of exercise!

I'm using the Christian podcast and it's nice to have some quiet time each day. I still need to get some decent running shoes. :blush:

It's awesome to hear from so many of you that are doing this. I really was inspired by your posts a few weeks ago and am so happy I started this!

Wow, it is great to hear so many good stories! How inspiring! Really! 10k? Wow! How cool is that!?

I think that is why it clicked with me, b/c it was other crazy-busy-classical-hs'er-typeA-moms who were doing it. . . it made it seem something attainable and not something I 'don't have time for'. . .

I am finding it *very* motivating to post on my progress thread over on the c25k forum. I don't have any other blog type of thing, but posting there nearly every run is just so satisfying. I am excited to post as soon as I get in from my run. It may seem silly, but it is really helping to motivate me! It is my own reality check. . . I know that if I stop posting, people will wonder/know/guess what happened. . . LOL

Me!

I've never been a runner (even when I was a kid, I didn't like to run), but reading "Born to Run" inspired me to start the C25K program after reading about it here. Dh is thrilled because he loves running. He has been a huge motivator & cheerleader for me. I can't say that I love running yet, but I am liking it more & more. So, I'm getting there & hoping I'll feel the full love for it very soon. :lol: