Menu

Give me your favorite recipes using fresh blueberries, please!

Nakia

We went camping this past weekend and went blueberry picking. It was so much fun! For those in my area, it was in Graveyard Fields up near Mt. Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were late to the game a bit, but we still got a lot of great berries. I found out the prime picking time is late August.

I made blueberries turnovers today for a special treat. I am planning to make blueberry pancakes one morning this week. I will still have a ton of blueberries so I can freeze some. Got any great blueberry recipes?

Blueberry muffins! Let cool, put in freezer bag. When you want to eat, pop in microwave 20-30 sec & it tastes like new! :) YUM!

When freezing, put blueberries on a flat cookie sheet so they will freeze individually. Once frozen, put them in a freezer bag. You will be able to use them all through the winter, a little at a time, so you don't have to figure everything out right now! :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Zucchini-Bread/Detail.aspx

----------------

Ingredients

• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
  3. Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

You dont have to freeze them on cookie sheets. You don't rinse them before freezing them so they won't stick together when you put them in freezer bags. WE have been picking and freezing blueberries for 10yrs and this is how we always do it.

good tip! We've only been doing it 3 years :)