Menu

This is it! The day has arrived!!!

:D Well today is our first official day of homeschooling !

We got back on sat. from our 2 week vacation in Maine. (was a great distraction from the stress)

We had a wonderful time with my parents and my brother and his family! We just love Maine!!

Anyway its the morning of our first HS'ing experience ever.. im a little nervous & excited... didnt sleep very well.. but coffees on & here goes ...wish me luck !!! :D:D

Well, this was supposed to be our first day of hsing for the year, but somehow I'm going north to the White Mountains for a 3-day hike with two of my kids and four others (and another chaperone, and an AMC guide). Last little burst of summer!

Guess we'll get going next week...

Have fun on your hsing adventure! :)

Thanks everyone! I think it went pretty well. I think the biggest thing is the adjustment that she needs to realize we are not a PS classroom. She kind of expected me to be standing in front of the blackboard "teaching" ..

We started at 8 and were mostly done by 11.. then I took her out to lunch to celebrate.

She has called me 3 times already at work (my store) so I guess I have to kind of make her a list of things/projects to do in the afternoons when Im not there.

But I think that its all going to work out fine once we get the routine going and she realizes that its more relaxed! ;) (than ps. )

Oh and p.s. .. The school responded and my IHIP was in compliance!

Yippee! :D