Menu

Vegetarian chicken marsala?

Thanks. I'll have to look into those.

What about eggplant? How do you think that would taste cooked with marsala?

I don't know if I even need a meat replacement. My husband jokes I only really want the mushrooms not the chicken and he's probably right. I was just hoping to come up with something else to toss in instead of just eating a plate full of mushrooms! LOL!

Eggplant might be delicious. For something "similar" to chicken, I'd recommend Quorn products. They sell it in different forms, and while it is basically a fungus, it is totally different from mushrooms. You can get cubes - awesome as a tuna casserole substitute, or cutlets - awesome sauteed and eaten plain, or in a tube shape. Buy the tube shape, and slice it on a slight diagonal very thinly, and I think you'll like how it works in that recipe. The cutlets would also work very nicely.

Boca and Morningstar Farms also sell chicken substitutes.

I don't know if I even need a meat replacement. My husband jokes I only really want the mushrooms not the chicken and he's probably right. I was just hoping to come up with something else to toss in instead of just eating a plate full of mushrooms! LOL!

Oh! Well, in that case, I make that all the time (because I can do without any soy products or meat-like processed stuff)! Those wine soaked and seasoned mushrooms rock over toasted bread (crostini) or rice or tossed with spaghetti with a little more oil and parmesan. :) Add some onions to the pan and Oh My!