Menu

s/o chronic health problems: Anyone tried coconut oil?

I've been hearing about the health benefits of coconut oil (anti-inflammatory, regulates blood sugar, helps with weight loss) and I'm thinking it could help some of my chronic health issues. (PCOS, insulin resistance, unspecified autoimmune disease). It's also supposed to be a really great skin moisturizer, and good for diaper rash.

The reviews for it are good on Amazon. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience using it?

Sort of, I have been using it in place of other oils and butter for about 6 months. But, I don't 'take it' like some do (by the spoon full.) At the same time, I have made other dietary changes. I think my hormones (as related to the pcos) are trying to return to normal. I stared cycling on my own all by myself! Hey, that it is a big deal, for me. It is not regular but has happened twice. I think it has to do with the fact that we totally eliminated HFCS. I really have not dropped weight, so it couldn't be that but it must be something.

Around here, it's our first line of defense when someone gets a bit too much sun. So cool how (if it is solidified) it'll melt right on your skin. Ahhhh (I'm the lightest person in the family, so I'm the canary, so to speak).

I also find it great to use in baked goods. It just sounds healthier than crisco, so if nothing else, it gives me a placebo effect! :D