Menu

Great large cheap prints of Van Gogh and Monet

Nestof3

I bought mine at Barnes and Nobles a couple of years ago, and I see their online store still has some. Each portfolio comes with 14 prints 12x15 in size. All for $8.98 each.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Van-Gogh/Taschen-Portfolio/e/9781435107106/?itm=1&USRI=taschen+portfolio

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Claude-Monet/Taschen-Portfolio/e/9781435107076/?itm=2&USRI=taschen+portfolio

You can find other artists here:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?SRT=R&WRD=taschen+portfolio&SZE=10&SAT=1

You mean go through and copy all of my posts into one post? Sorry if I'm being a pain/overwhelming/overposting. I've been looking for reasonably-priced art prints for my current studies, and I remembered this line of prints. It is the cheapest I've seen so far; too bad they don't have any Baroque artists.

Dawn, is there any chance you can group your resource recommendations into a couple of threads. It would make it a lot easier to search that way. That way they could be tagged "Dawn's music resources, " "Dawn's art prints," etc. Just an idea, thanks.:D

I taped one at a time to our kitchen wall and two on our refrigerator. I changed them after a while. We used the Monet prints when we studied him the year before lasy and the Van Gogh last year when we studied him.

Nestof3, thank you. Ok, silly question, but what did you do with these prints? Frame them? Tape them to a wall? Or just let the kids hold and look at them while studying about works of art?

You mean go through and copy all of my posts into one post? Sorry if I'm being a pain/overwhelming/overposting. I've been looking for reasonably-priced art prints for my current studies, and I remembered this line of prints. It is the cheapest I've seen so far; too bad they don't have any Baroque artists.

No pain at all! My request was more a function of my feeble organizing skills.:D Post away. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Dawn!

Thank you for posting! I don't think you are posting too much - in fact I always make a point to look at your posts. I bought that Medieval Village book this morning from Amazon, thanks to you! I most often just lurk, and don't say thank you *nearly* enough. Thanks. :)

Perhaps I should endeavor to organize them. I usually just post something the moment I think of it rather than taking time to think through it all. I guess I could tag them. LOL

I do try to mention most things on my blog, though one of my aims is to be better about it.

No pain at all! My request was more a function of my feeble organizing skills.:D Post away. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Edited by nestof3

Dawn

Thanks! These look like a great deal -- I'll be ordering some.

For artist study, I have also downloaded pix and used them as screen savers and printed pix (you can do one large one or several small ones), laminated them and used as place mats.

BTW, I have been loving your posts -- you are doing all my research for me!!

Thank you. I just found some great background pictures for Vermeer:

http://www.essentialvermeer.com/wallpaper/walls.html

I just tested the girl with earring, and it is a 2.25 MB file -- now that is print quality.

I signed up for the Ambleside Online yahoo group, but the pictures are in such a low resolution that www.scrapbookpictures.com indicates that they will not look good printed as 8.5x11. I have a photo printer, but I don't want to waste my ink, and their 8.5x11 were only about $1.50 each.

Dawn

Thanks! These look like a great deal -- I'll be ordering some.

For artist study, I have also downloaded pix and used them as screen savers and printed pix (you can do one large one or several small ones), laminated them and used as place mats.

BTW, I have been loving your posts -- you are doing all my research for me!!

Edited by nestof3

Perhaps I should endeavor to organize them. I usually just post something the moment I think of it rather than taking time to think through it all. I guess I could tag them. LOL

I do try to mention most things on my blog, though one of my aims is to be better about it.

How after all this time (and all the stuff I've saved from your previous links) have I never been to your blog.

I can almost call off my own planning and go drink mai tais.

Believe me, you're being very helpful and I for one appreciate you sharing your finds with us! :)

Thank you so much!

Pam

Dawn, is there any chance you can group your resource recommendations into a couple of threads. It would make it a lot easier to search that way. That way they could be tagged "Dawn's music resources, " "Dawn's art prints," etc. Just an idea, thanks.:D

I hope you got the humor in this - I agree! I am constantly opening your threads to see what great new thing you've found lately. I'm only afraid of missing something wonderful. ;) Thanks for sharing them! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I bought mine at Barnes and Nobles a couple of years ago, and I see their online store still has some. Each portfolio comes with 14 prints 12x15 in size. All for $8.98 each.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Van-Gogh/Taschen-Portfolio/e/9781435107106/?itm=1&USRI=taschen+portfolio

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Claude-Monet/Taschen-Portfolio/e/9781435107076/?itm=2&USRI=taschen+portfolio

You can find other artists here:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?SRT=R&WRD=taschen+portfolio&SZE=10&SAT=1

Thanks -- found some of these at our local Barnes and Noble.

Thank you so much for such kind words on such a gloomy day. :D

Dawn,

Your posts are always very interesting and informative as well as greatly appreciate! :)

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share all the wonderful information you find! I am always very blessed! :)