Menu

Hi I'm new!

I'm new to this board, but I'm active on a few other mommy boards. This site keeps coming up whenever I do searches on curricula or other homeschooling issues. But the real reason I joined is because you have an awesome FSOT!

I'm not too familiar with the well trained mind movement, but from what I can tell this seems to be a pretty open forum. Or am I gonna get in trouble for not doing classical education? :D

You are welcome here! You may not be doing "classical" but many here aren't either! These ladies are a WEALTH of info and I have learned so much since I started in Feb. Just ask what you need an answer to....there are so many different views and styles on here you are bound to find the answer you need!:)

Guest Cindie2dds
I'm new to this board, but I'm active on a few other mommy boards. This site keeps coming up whenever I do searches on curricula or other homeschooling issues. But the real reason I joined is because you have an awesome FSOT!

I'm not too familiar with the well trained mind movement, but from what I can tell this seems to be a pretty open forum. Or am I gonna get in trouble for not doing classical education? :D

:seeya:

No, you won't get in trouble, or I would have been in a perpetual time-out. ;)

What's FSOT???

Welcome, from an eclectic/relaxed/secular/non-classical homeschooler who hasn't gotten into trouble yet.

:)

Thank you for asking...glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't know.

Welcome to the boards. I'm still pretty new myself.

:)

Ok, great! by the way, where can I learn more about this whole classical education slant? I'm guessing on the welltrainedmind homepage? Is there a FAQ?

Right now I have a 4.5 year old, so to be honest, we probably wont be doing anything classical because I believe early childhood education should be mostly practical. But it does sound interesting for when they are older.