Menu

Fable update

Just got back from the second opinion, which varied a bit from the first. We're going with a cast which is really a tight wrap with a splint that I'm to change every three days. She's not in the barn, which is hot, far and dusty. (Not a horse barn, it's a hay barn) She's in a little pen in the front yard under a big shady tree. I can see her from all the front windows.

It's a wait and see game now. For about three to six weeks or longer we'll do the splint thing then go from there.

Are there any herbal or mineral supplements you could add to her feed that are known to support tissue repair and healing? My farm mentor, a great 80yo lady, often goes out into the weediest place she can find and cuts a big arm load for any of her sick animals(removing any known toxins, of course). She believes that their instincts will direct them to pick through and eat anything that has the exact nutrients their bodies need. I have never known her to lose an animal due to health reasons, so maybe she is on to something...

I came across a catalog I saved today which offers supplements and natural treatments for horses and dogs. I wonder if there is any ligaplex in there? I'm nursing sprains/tendon issues/bone bruising at the moment and have the ligaplex on order. Mariann recommended it after using it herself and I read it's really good. Do you want me to pull out this catalog?

I came across a catalog I saved today which offers supplements and natural treatments for horses and dogs. I wonder if there is any ligaplex in there? I'm nursing sprains/tendon issues/bone bruising at the moment and have the ligaplex on order. Mariann recommended it after using it herself and I read it's really good. Do you want me to pull out this catalog?

Thanks, but I bet I've got one. I'll look into ligaplex.