Menu

Opinions needed

I think it sounds like a blast! I think it is especially teen-ish if your alley has "cosmic bowling" or something along those lines, on a weekend evening. Our alley has Cosmic Bowling Fri & Sat nights after 8ish. They play music, have disco lights with glow in the dark images on the lanes, etc, black lights, etc. It is a very fun atmosphere, so long as you don't mind the modern rock music. . . Pizza, Pop & Cosmic Bowling is definitely a teen-friendly evening in our circles here in quiet WV. . .

Daytime "matinee" bowling is less teen-friendly here since the lanes are mostly taken by little-kid bowling. . . Though I know all adult work parties (our computer consultants!) who had their staff holiday party there on a weekday afternoon. . .

We take our staff bowling once or twice a year for pizza, beer, pop, & cosmic bowling for staff parties (their choice without fail, in lieu of a fancy dinner out!) The 20somethings who work for us (college kids and recent grads mostly) always choose bowling as our work parties, and they bring their dates/friends/families and we have a great time.

FWIW, we make the staff parties extra fun by having tons of silly prizes. I wrap a few dozen small weird gifts that I have gotten free couponing (nail polish, cleaning supplies, shaving cream, candles, oatmeal, gum, diapers, you name it). . . and it goes. . . "First "One" on a frame gets a prize. .. then a "Two". . . etc . . . "Two spares in a row" "Same score two frames in a row" etc etc. It makes it wild and fun and the prizes are equally distributed among all skill levels. The sillier the prizes the more fun it is, especially if you have a couple gag gifts mixed in with some great ones (chocolate!)

HTH

FWIW, we make the staff parties extra fun by having tons of silly prizes. I wrap a few dozen small weird gifts that I have gotten free couponing (nail polish, cleaning supplies, shaving cream, candles, oatmeal, gum, diapers, you name it). . . and it goes. . . "First "One" on a frame gets a prize. .. then a "Two". . . etc . . . "Two spares in a row" "Same score two frames in a row" etc etc. It makes it wild and fun and the prizes are equally distributed among all skill levels. The sillier the prizes the more fun it is, especially if you have a couple gag gifts mixed in with some great ones (chocolate!)

HTH

Fun ideas!!!

For my oldest daughter's 16th birthday, we hired a limo to take her and a few of her girlfriends to the bowling alley. They bowled, then we came back home in the limo and proceeded to have a sleepover with the girls. There were like four or five girls plus my daughter.

She really loved it, and they all got a huge kick out of the limo, which I thought would make the day more special, especially since we weren't doing any sort of big, or traditional "sweet 16" party.

Oh...I almost forgot. I also had a friend who is way better with this sort of thing than I am come over before we left for bowling and style the girl's hair and do their makeup for them.

It was a fun night! (And before we ever did hair, makeup, and left in the limo, we had the immediate family over too and we had pizza for dinner and birthday cake. Then the family went home and the teen styling and bowling and sleepover commenced).

These girls, including my daughter, were all mild special needs teens but I don't see why any teen, especially one who enjoys bowling to begin with, wouldn't enjoy something like this, unless they've already been making noises about something special they really wanted to do. Then they might just be disappointed if they are "surprised" with something that is far from what they had in mind. But you know your daughter!