Menu

Whine, whine, whine.....crappy day.

I can't tell anyone IRL, because they either wouldn't understand or else have their own issues to deal with.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. We are supposed to start school the 23rd. I have at least a week's worth of work to do getting lesson plans done and supplies pulled together - but my dh is taking next week off for vacation, so I will get no work done. I've been trying to get it done for the last two weeks, but other "priorities" keep popping up (mainly requests from dh - not bashing, but he just.doesn't.get. how much time and effort I put into school planning and expects me to be able to do multiple other things and school will miraculously take care of itself - and yes, I've told him and shown him - it just doesn't compute.) I've changed my schedule so that I am now getting up early and exercising, but my dh is a night owl so in order to spend some time with him I'm staying up late. So I'm very, very tired. I have made out a daily schedule, trying to fit exercise, meals, school and cleaning into a reasonable day - and I can't. They don't all fit. I desperately want to deep clean my house, which would take about a week to declutter, wash walls, organize closets, etc. and I don't have time. I need to figure out what clothes my kids need for fall/winter so I can start buying things a little at a time (with non existent money). On top of it all, I get to take one of my cats to the vet today and most likely have him euthanized because he is marking in the house (and has been for over a year - we've replace flooring in every room and some drywall.). I've called 4 rescue shelters and no one will take him, so I can't even rehome him. It's a pretty crappy day today. Thanks for listening. Ok, to get off here and tackle some of the work. I'll feel better once I make some inroads.

August is a tough month!:grouphug:

It IS tough! I didn't realize all the pressure I'd feel this month. But then, I'm a procrastinator so it's all piling in on me too.

OP, :grouphug:. Hope you make some progress today. I guess all you can do is prioritize and start tackling it. Can you use your dh during some of his time off to help get some things done? Like get him to help clean/declutter the house, or take the kids for a day so you can plan?

Thanks for the hugs, everyone. It's oddly comforting knowing that everyone is going through similar things.

i.love.lucy - my dh would normally be more than willing to help, but his job has been extremely high stress for the past year and a half, so he really needs this break to just :chillpill:. He's very close to being seriously depressed because of all the stressors there right now (i actually think he's already mildly depressed). That's why I'm not going to get anything done - we're taking the week to do fun family day trips and activities. Bad for my planning, good for his mental health. I just wish I would have known two weeks ago - I don't do spur of the moment very well.:tongue_smilie:

Good news! I didn't have to euthanize my cat - we are going to try giving him (of all things) prozac. It works for a lot of cats with his problem, I guess. That takes a huge load of pressure off! :party:

Shawna - could you push the start of school back one week. For your own sanity?

My dh recommended this as well. I *can*.....but really don't want to, kwim? I have a hard time staying on track come jan/feb and would really hate to start out already "behind" and lose some flex time. It may turn out to be the best option however.

Glad to read that there is good news with the cat.:) Why don't you start school three days late? Use the Mon, Tues, Wed to get stuff done that will make you feel better about school starting. Do short days on Thurs and Fri and use the afternoons to get more stuff done, and then go full speed ahead on the Monday.:grouphug: