Menu

Math Mammoth Homeschool Buyers Co-Coop ???

lovinmomma

I bought last time through the co-op, and there isn't anything missing that I can see.

If at least as many people sign up to buy it as are needed for the discount you select as your minimum discount, you are committed to buy once it reaches that level. But if you choose a level higher than the maximum discount, you still get the lower price if enough people sign up to bring the price down to that level. Last time it easily reached the cheapest level.

To give an example: let's say the discounts are:

25 people- 20%

50 people- 30%

100 people- 40%

If you commit to buy at the 30% level, but only 40 people sign up for the group buy, nothing happens. You don't get the product and don't pay. If 125 people sign up, you get the 40% discount even though you said you'd be willing to buy at only 30% off.

You have to place your order before the expiration date. You make a commitment when you place your order. You won't know what your actual discount is until the expiration date. You don't get the actual product until after the expiration date.

The current offer is

1-20 people => 20% discount

21-49 people => 30% discount

50+ people => 40% discount

If you sign up for the 20% discount, you commit to buy. Your discount might be 20%, 30%, or 40%, depending on how many other people sign up.

If you sign up for the 30% discount, you commit to buy if at least 21 people sign up at that level of discount. If 20 or fewer people sign up, you don't buy the product after all. If 21+ people sign up, you buy at the 30% or 40% discount, depending on how many other people sign up.

If you sign up for the 40% discount, you commit to buy if at least 50 people sign up. If fewer than 50 people sign up, you don't buy/get anything. If 50+ people sign up, then everyone gets 40% off.

Currently it looks like only 8 people have signed up who are willing to take the 20% discount. It's hard to tell how many other people have signed up but are holding out for a higher discount.

If you're interested in the group buy, it's best to spread the word to get more people to sign up.

Here's the link.

I don't know if you know, last time I ordered through HSBC, it is only from grade 1 to 6A. 6B is not out yet. I emailed the Maria Miller, she said that 6B will be out this fall. However, I am not sure if I will receive 6B at all, since I have already bought it through HSBC. Does anyone know?

I bought through HSBC during the last group buy. I ordered the full curriculum disc. It does only go through 6A. I will purchase 6B when it is available. I do not know if she has finished 6B and will have it on this group buy's discs/downloads. When I bought, 6A was still "pending" on the MM website, but it was included in my purchase.

I also am planning to purchase. This may be a dumb question - if I commit to buy at 20%, but if not enough people sign up, what happens?

If you commit to buy at 20%, you are buying it. The minimum number of people for 20% is 1 :001_smile:. Depending on how many other people sign up, your discount might be 20%, 30%, or 40%.

I also am planning to purchase. This may be a dumb question - if I commit to buy at 20%, but if not enough people sign up, what happens?

Only 1 person needs to sign up for the 20% discount, and there are already 9 people signed up, so 20% is the minimum discount that would apply. If more than 20 people sign up, then the discount increases to 30%, and if more than 50 people sign up the discount bumps to 40%.

The offer is up until 9/7, so there's plenty of time for more people to sign up. Often lots of people wait until they see it hit a higher discount, then floods of people sign up. I believe the last time MM was available from HSBC they hit the 40% discount — but even at 20% off, it's a good deal on a great math curriculum!

Jackie

My All-Inclusive disc was $101.30 for everything. It looks like this buy will be ~$10 more for the All-Inclusive if it hits the highest discount again. It's a great deal considering I have one who will most likely do 2nd, one for 3rd and one doing 5th. That will cover 11 years of math for me. (5 for youngest child, 4 for the middle, and 2 for the oldest) That's $9.21 per school year. Then I have to add printing costs, which I plan to use B&W and I will be buying either a Kodak or Lexmark that will cost ~1cent/page. So, a ~200-page worktext will cost about $2-3 to print. So, $15/year/kid (2 worktexts per year) is a fantastic price!

(I'm not factoring the cost of the printer into my equation since I need a printer that is cheaper on ink than my Canon and will Auto-Duplex.)

Edited by dansamy

I bought the Lightblue 1st-6a Series from HSBC when they offered it last time. I didn't love having to wait for the expiration, but it was so worth it. I got a 40% discount. Everything went fine. It wasn't hard to download. I have since printed the first books for 3 grades and no issues there either.

I am very happy with my purchase and would by through HSBC again.

Angela