Menu

Inexpensive copying for teachers at office supply chain?

Office Depot told me today that I could not get a teacher's card. That we had to be a "real school". So I turned to my son and said oh look at that kid - you don't go to a real school. Guess you don't get a real education. So does that mean I'm not copy real textbooks? And I didn't register a "real" school with the state?

:glare: she didn't look or speak to me again...

I'm copying and binding 9 books (Math Mammoth - 3 kids for the entire school year) and she quoted me $180.00 for a mix of black and white and in color!!!

Office Depot told me today that I could not get a teacher's card. That we had to be a "real school". So I turned to my son and said oh look at that kid - you don't go to a real school. Guess you don't get a real education. So does that mean I'm not copy real textbooks? And I didn't register a "real" school with the state?

I'm copying and binding 9 books (Math Mammoth - 3 kids for the entire school year) and she quoted me $180.00 for a mix of black and white and in color!!!

That is NOT true! You should call the corporate office or something! I have a teacher's card from there and use it all the time to make copies! I just happened to be in the store maybe last August, and someone asked me if I was a teacher. I told him I was a homeschooler, and he said, "Great!" He led me to the back, where they were have a reception for teachers, complete with a little bag of free stuff and snacks, and he helped me fill out the form for the teacher's card. So not all stores are anti-homeschoolers!

That is NOT true! You should call the corporate office or something! I have a teacher's card from there and use it all the time to make copies! I just happened to be in the store maybe last August, and someone asked me if I was a teacher. I told him I was a homeschooler, and he said, "Great!" He led me to the back, where they were have a reception for teachers, complete with a little bag of free stuff and snacks, and he helped me fill out the form for the teacher's card. So not all stores are anti-homeschoolers!

:iagree: I have my card from Office Depot as well as Staples.

Grrr...I hate that! I had no trouble getting a card from them. I did all my pages from SOTW 4 in one shot and saved $15!