Menu

Announcement from Lovedtodeath

Just a thought:

We had Vonage for a couple of years and last December we switched to Ooma. It is a $199 investment up front but then no charges ever again, oh wait, there is an $11 tax fee per year. We have been THRILLED with the service and have now more than broken even.

Dawn

Tina,

We've done something similar -- we dropped cable altogether and watch DVDs (from our shelf and Netflix), went to Vonage for phone and have Tracfones for cell phone. (We'd go with strictly cell phones *IF* our area had cell coverage -- we can't get a tower until we're about 10 minutes down the road. ;)

We can't drop internet because my dh is in IT and has to be able to work from home...

I plan our grocery list to the dollar before I ever enter the store. I can adjust it much easier before hand, even changing the whole menu. A calculator in the store never helped much. I use cash and DH no longer stops by Walmart to pick up pancake toppings, etc. when the mood strikes. Savings: $200 per month.

How do you do this? Short of writing down every item's price at the store, I am not sure how I would figure out the total amount. Our store flyers aren't very helpful. And I am afraid that trying to do a "price book" while in the store with my kids would cost me the last of my sanity. :tongue_smilie:

How do you do this? Short of writing down every item's price at the store, I am not sure how I would figure out the total amount. Our store flyers aren't very helpful. And I am afraid that trying to do a "price book" while in the store with my kids would cost me the last of my sanity. :tongue_smilie:
Ads help a lot because I plan my menu around them. If it is on sale for a good price, it is on the menu. They often will have the price listed, such as green peppers for 88 cents, broccoli for 1.88, ground chuck for 1.86... etc. I go to two stores to maximize the amount of things bought on sale. I also saved our receipts for a month so that I could just look at those to see how much our normal foods, etc. cost. It is so nice to just grab things in the store instead of trying to budget while I am there and works so much better. I hope you can make it work for you!

I somehow missed this thread...

Sorry to hear, and glad to hear. Good for you. *pat on back smiley*

But you'll be missed.

M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As part of our Total Money Makeover we will be getting rid of internet service. I will still check emails periodically at the office, but just wanted all of you to know. I especially do not want Susan to feel that I am upset at this forum, as that is not the case at all. :)

Our internet (via cable) and home phone (magic jack) comes to a little less $30 a month. I chose this over a cell phone. Just thought I would throw that out there just in case...